Caution--Are we just a bubble team again?

Bubble hasn't popped but there's definitely a leak.

its about time this board recognizes pure intellectual integrity and talent when it is right in front of them! .........

Thank you....This team is officially on the bubble.........

its about time this board recognizes pure intellectual integrity and talent when it is right in front of them! .........

Thank you....This team is officially on the bubble.........

I recognize negativity and hate for Joel Maturi when I see it!

Haha wrong about what?

I was thinking maybe you were wrong when you said M2S was 'an idiot' for saying the Gophers weren't a lock in any road game, including at Indiana, were going to struggle to get to 9-9 (or best case 10-8), and thus were looking at sweating out a tourny bid.

I was thinking maybe you (and a lot of posters, to be fair) might want to reassess your opinion about all that.

I was thinking maybe you were wrong when you said M2S was 'an idiot' for saying the Gophers weren't a lock in any road game, including at Indiana, were going to struggle to get to 9-9 (or best case 10-8), and thus were looking at sweating out a tourny bid.

I was thinking maybe you (and a lot of posters, to be fair) might want to reassess your opinion about all that.

Fair enough. Although the idiot remark was more directed at the extremely pessimistic post that I thought (at the time) had very little basis and the statement that Iverson is not a Big 10 player. He may be playing TERRIBLY lately, but he is absolutely a big 10 player and that was an idiotic statement.

I was wrong. I thought we would be 11-7 or 12-6. Now we're looking in the 8-10 win range (probably). I apologize for being positive about the team I root for.

I just can't but help thinking back to last year when we were in much worse shape resume wise than we are now. This board was melting down like it is now, and guess what? We got in.

Fair enough. Although the idiot remark was more directed at the extremely pessimistic post that I thought (at the time) had very little basis and the statement that Iverson is not a Big 10 player. He may be playing TERRIBLY lately, but he is absolutely a big 10 player and that was an idiotic statement.

I was wrong. I thought we would be 11-7 or 12-6. Now we're looking in the 8-10 win range (probably). I apologize for being positive about the team I root for.

I just can't but help thinking back to last year when we were in much worse shape resume wise than we are now. This board was melting down like it is now, and guess what? We got in.

On Iverson: agree 100%

No need to be apologetic about wanting to be positive. We'd all like for the Gophers to be better.

On last year: Last year's team might have had a worse resume around this time of year, but had some assets this year's team lacks (B10-caliber guards, chiefly), no?

There's still opportunity to get in, but I think it was fair to say a couple weeks ago the Gophers were looking at struggling to get there.

This roster is more bubble-lean NIT than a team on the right side of the bubble. The resume might have them in now, but this tram can't get enough wins down the stretch with Blake at point. The guard play is just not good. Blake's the only shooter. They don't have any real ball handlers. They don't have a post player that can get his own shot. They don't have a wing that can get his own shot. Sans Al and Devoe, this is a bubble or NIT team.

On Iverson: agree 100%

No need to be apologetic about wanting to be positive. We'd all like for the Gophers to be better.

On last year: Last year's team might have had a worse resume around this time of year, but had some assets this year's team lacks (B10-caliber guards, chiefly), no?

There's still opportunity to get in, but I think it was fair to say a couple weeks ago the Gophers were looking at struggling to get there.

Unfortunately, that is probably true. I guess I didn't see it. I agree that we may have had the better personnel last year to get it, but I think that with our still solid resume and relatively easy schedule, we'll find a way to get in.

Like you said, we all wish the Gophers were playing better. Let's hope they turn it around.

If you are not one of the last 8 teams in...you are not on the bubble. They gophers are not one of the last 8 in yet. If they lose against Iowa, then we will officially be on the bubble for the first time all year. If they lose the next 2, they will be in very poor position on the bubble.

The Gophers became a bubble team on Jan 24 when it was announced that Al would have surgery on his foot.

Not by their resume at that time, but what they had left for a team/roster.

Since then they have gone 1-4.

AGree S19.....that date is about when this post started. I too love the Gophers and hope they can turn things around. However, sometimes facts and truth are hard to face. This team is at a place right now where hard work (they have not played consistently hard since Puertorico) will have to make up for lack of talent at key spots...... Tubby has pulled out all stops to wake this team up and shortly we will know if they are tough enough to take it and slavage this season or will they curl up in a ball and have fun in the NIT...... This phase begins vs Iowa.

Top Bottom