Carter To West Vriginia

dbaldrich1

Reaction score
He said it's where he wants to spend "the next three years."

Good luck Michael.

Bummer, but not entirely unexpected. I kinda think Tyrone was a little bit of a negative in this since Michael is trying to blaze his own trail I suspect!~

How are his academics? If he was going to struggle at MN in that area then West Virginia may be the best option for him. Especially if he only plans on being around for three years.

That three year comment seems a little sketchy to me. I know a lot of high profile players come into college expecting to end up in the pros, but something about coming out and saying that makes it sound like his priorities lay solely with himself and not much consideration with the team he'll be playing for

Paige

From what I'm hearing Paige is not a lock either. I've heard he is waiting around for possibly some better offers, and he might get them. I've defended Brewster but the last five games and having recruits watch possibly the worst played back to back home games in maybe 25 years makes me wonder if they(recruits) realized this program is in a worse place than they thought. I honestly will be happy if we win more than 5-6 games next year. Then, essentially most of the team graduates. I think Brewster needs another 5 years to turn this around.

damn...really thought he was going here, wondering if he means bolting for the pros and being second string for a year.

Quote: "That three year comment seems a little sketchy to me. I know a lot of high profile players come into college expecting to end up in the pros, but something about coming out and saying that makes it sound like his priorities lay solely with himself and not much consideration with the team he'll be playing for"

Alert the media! A highly recruited high school athlete is more concerned about his pro football future than in his new college team and teammates.

The actual quote

"I am heading to WVU. It is a great football program and I am looking forward to starting for three years and wearing the blue and gold."

That may mean he expects to sit the bench next year and start Soph-Senior or it could mean he expects to start as a freshman and leave after his junior year. Personally, I read into that he expects to start in year 2 but it is just my own interpretation.

On a side note, I want to apologize, I called him a Gopher lock and I'm very sad to have been incorrect. He appears to be the one in five years recruit that notifies the Gophers via text that he is committing elsewhere.

Actually, the whole quote was:

"I am heading to WVU. It is a great football program and I am looking forward to starting for three years and wearing the blue and gold. And Wisconsin cooled on me."

"I am heading to WVU. It is a great football program and I am looking forward to starting for three years and wearing the blue and gold."

That may mean he expects to sit the bench next year and start Soph-Senior or it could mean he expects to start as a freshman and leave after his junior year. Personally, I read into that he expects to start in year 2 but it is just my own interpretation.

On a side note, I want to apologize, I called him a Gopher lock and I'm very sad to have been incorrect. He appears to be the one in five years recruit that notifies the Gophers via text that he is committing elsewhere.

Thanks grunkiejr, I was thinking the same thing. People assume he means he is starting 3 years and going pro, thats not what he said.

I'm as sad about this as you

I guess it pays to not put to much stock in these recruiting sites that proclaim to have insider info and quite often do not. Unfortunately these sites need to not proclaim a kid a "lock" until the kid actually tells them he is committing. The "little birdy" proclaiming Bryce McNeal was headed to Oregon seemed to be off base as well.

I guess it pays to not put to much stock in these recruiting sites that proclaim to have insider info and quite often do not. Unfortunately these sites need to not proclaim a kid a "lock" until the kid actually tells them he is committing. The "little birdy" proclaiming Bryce McNeal was headed to Oregon seemed to be off base as well.

The recruiting sites didn't call him a Gopher Lock, I did. The recruiting site said that Carter planned to notify them via text before announcing it to the world. It is rare for him to do that to the loser of the competition. It also said Carter was planning to do an interview prior to the announcement which is also rare. McNeal and Carter both doing interviews with Minnesota sites prior to the announcement and neither choosing Minnesota is very rare.

The recruiting sites didn't call him a Gopher Lock, I did. The recruiting site said that Carter planned to notify them via text before announcing it to the world. It is rare for him to do that to the loser of the competition. It also said Carter was planning to do an interview prior to the announcement which is also rare. McNeal and Carter both doing interviews with Minnesota sites prior to the announcement and neither choosing Minnesota is very rare.

But, I have to admit, if both of these guys contacted Minnesota prior to the game, then I think that shows some professionalism. GL's interviews with Bryce show him to be a decent young man; he never said anything bad about Minnesota except that he wanted to leave the area to finish growing up.

I did the same thing (moved away to get away), I can't blame him....though often I wish I hadn't, it was a smart move.

That may be the case but professional journalism would not have a writer posting something as fact without knowing for sure.

Carter was favoring Minnesota, then out of the blue went to WVU.

Any chance that this was due to Lockwood?

Top Bottom