Carter Booth, in Wisconsin podcast interview, explains her decision and her experience in the portal

Hmmm. Don't think this helped with the disrespect, but whatever.

Well-spoken young woman, however. Best of luck to her.

Won't give that podcast a click.

Can someone summarize what she was coached to say and then said?

My two takeaways (other than being impressed with her side of the dialogue):

1) Sounds like she knows now it was a mistake not to inform her teammates and coaches first, since the news got out so fast.
2) I think she still doesn't appreciate just how much she improved in the Gopher program. Sure, Hugh's gone, but she still talks like Wisconsin has the better program and history. This is debatable, especially in terms of player growth.

Unless they're hiring Pedro .... I mean, that's why she was as good as she was this season.

Right? Don't most see that that is obvious?

My two takeaways (other than being impressed with her side of the dialogue):

1) Sounds like she knows now it was a mistake not to inform her teammates and coaches first, since the news got out so fast.
2) I think she still doesn't appreciate just how much she improved in the Gopher program. Sure, Hugh's gone, but she still talks like Wisconsin has the better program and history. This is debatable, especially in terms of player growth.
We would certainly be able to argue about the historical strength of the two programs, but it would be difficult to argue that Wisconsin is not currently the better program. They're on a really good run right now and don't seem to be slowing down at all. They, along with Texas and Nebraska, seem to be one of the premier transfer portal destinations.

We would certainly be able to argue about the historical strength of the two programs, but it would be difficult to argue that Wisconsin is not currently the better program. They're on a really good run right now and don't seem to be slowing down at all. They, along with Texas and Nebraska, seem to be one of the premier transfer portal destinations.
Nebraska and Wisconsin are the average attendance leaders in the country, and not even close. They average around 8k+ and 7k+ per game.

Hawaii has a special thing going, and they also do very well, almost 6k per game.

Minnesota and Texas are in the 4k per game. Drops off from there.

https://stats.ncaa.org/reports/attendance?id=21791

Michigan State and Colorado State, particularly the latter, being in the top 10 is also a surprise to me.

It really pains me to say it, but I have to admit the pendulum swung to the East during the Rettke/Hilley tenure. Before that, I firmly contend that MN was historically the better program, but getting their 1st natty and now 4 straight B1G championships counts for something.

I'm really looking forward to that pendulum coming back to the West, but it looks like it's going to be a little bit before that happens.

You are right in WI being a premier transfer portal destination. I'm a bit perplexed as to why, but they are definitely getting the players. I guess I can see Booth opting for a program that has successfully developed a MB of similar height and wanting that for herself However, beyond that, I don't get why they appear to be one of the top 3 destinations (with NE and TX). I don't want MN to build our teams on the portal to the extent that WI seems to be, but it would be nice if we had the opportunity to land a premier transfer every now and then.

It really pains me to say it, but I have to admit the pendulum swung to the East during the Rettke/Hilley tenure. Before that, I firmly contend that MN was historically the better program, but getting their 1st natty and now 4 straight B1G championships counts for something.

I'm really looking forward to that pendulum coming back to the West, but it looks like it's going to be a little bit before that happens.

You are right in WI being a premier transfer portal destination. I'm a bit perplexed as to why, but they are definitely getting the players. I guess I can see Booth opting for a program that has successfully developed a MB of similar height and wanting that for herself However, beyond that, I don't get why they appear to be one of the top 3 destinations (with NE and TX). I don't want MN to build our teams on the portal to the extent that WI seems to be, but it would be nice if we had the opportunity to land a premier transfer every now and then.
I have the same problem with these kinds of transfers as I do with the NBA players who go chasing titles rather than working to make their own team better. I mean, take a look in the mirror, guys!

Top Bottom