Carrington to Pitt

I kind of figured he'd pick Pitt. Sounds like plenty of playing time is available there for a CB. Next.

I am disappointed, but not discouraged. He sounded like a raising star.

idk to be honest I'm not worried about recruiting with this staff as much. Kill has already got better recruits than he did at all the other schools he's been at and he won with a lot at all the other places. I kinda feel lik in my mind that these coaches have such a good system going they don't need star power. Their gonna take the guy that almost nobody else wanted and turn around and beat you with him. That seems to be their bread and butter. Oh you don't want him? hell i'll take him coach him up and he'll whoop ur 4 star's ass. (look what happened to us last season against kill) I'm still pumped to see what they can do (with or without a big time recruit) Everything I've been hearing from them coaches so far has been great. Fall can't come soon enough!

idk to be honest I'm not worried about recruiting with this staff as much. Kill has already got better recruits than he did at all the other schools he's been at and he won with a lot at all the other places. I kinda feel lik in my mind that these coaches have such a good system going they don't need star power. Their gonna take the guy that almost nobody else wanted and turn around and beat you with him. That seems to be their bread and butter. Oh you don't want him? hell i'll take him coach him up and he'll whoop ur 4 star's ass. (look what happened to us last season against kill) I'm still pumped to see what they can do (with or without a big time recruit) Everything I've been hearing from them coaches so far has been great. Fall can't come soon enough!

It's not like we had a team full of 4 star players, and he won in the MAC against MAC teams, not against Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin.

It's not like we had a team full of 4 star players, and he won in the MAC against MAC teams, not against Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin.

Football is football tho if you have a good system wtf does it matter how many stars are next to the players name. I've seen guys at championship community college programs that have way better fundamentals than a ton of players in the big ten and guess what a guy in the MAC can tackle just lik a guy in the big ten. If anything our last coaching staff proved my point. You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have good coaching and good leadership you don't have sh*t. Just on the other hand if you have great coaches and a good system stars really don't matter as much.

We did not have all the talent in the world. I have no idea what makes you think that. I'm not stupid enough to think that coaching means nothing but I'm just saying coach Kill will need more talent to compete in the Big Ten than he did in the MAC. Those community college players might have better fundamentals, but they would still get killed in the Big Ten. Talent matters, there is no way to argue that.

We did not have all the talent in the world. I have no idea what makes you think that. I'm not stupid enough to think that coaching means nothing but I'm just saying coach Kill will need more talent to compete in the Big Ten than he did in the MAC. Those community college players might have better fundamentals, but they would still get killed in the Big Ten. Talent matters, there is no way to argue that.

We had more talent than N.Illinois and S.Dakota and our coaching staff got their lunch handed to them. Coaching matters much more than you think.

Kill recruits players that he can get, then dominates the level he plays. If you listen to his talk about recruiting this year, he was going after B10 talent, but what he had to offer at N.Ill. was not on par with the B10, so he missed out on many guys. He will now get better players that can compete at the B10 level, and fit his system, simply because he can now offer BCS/B10 level exposure for the players. Talent does matter, but it's what the coach does with the talent he has that matters more. I'm excited to see what Kill can do with better athletes in his system.

idk to be honest I'm not worried about recruiting with this staff as much. Kill has already got better recruits than he did at all the other schools he's been at and he won with a lot at all the other places. I kinda feel lik in my mind that these coaches have such a good system going they don't need star power. Their gonna take the guy that almost nobody else wanted and turn around and beat you with him
While the recruiting services are an inexact science at best you still need superior talent to compete in any decent BCS conference. It's not as if Kill's system will be superior to whatever Ohio State, Nebraska et al are doing. They're going to be excellently coached teams running great systems with superior talent. Coaching and system execution can go a long way but when you're facing opponents with good coaching and good execution it at some point comes down to physical talent and ability. All the coaching in the world can't overcome being overpowered at the point of attack.

Minnesota obviously cannot compete with those universities in terms of talent, but you want that gap to be as narrow as possible.

Minnesota obviously cannot compete with those universities in terms of talent, but you want that gap to be as narrow as possible.

That's true for the Gopher's current situation. Even though he has a solid class of recruits coming in, if Kill and his coaches can produce solid results on the field, future recruits will take notice and the talent level will rise.

Top Bottom