Carr is not an NBA prospect....

If I was him I'd be booking my flight to Europe as soon as I can and be excited about it. Don't need to be an NBA prospect to have better options than playing for Pitino

He will never sniff the NBA, and he won’t be back here next year. Everyone hates Dakich, but if was coaching Carr, Carr would actually be better. Either that or he’d quit.

Carr is his own worst enemy regarding his NBA chances. Carr should of patterned his game after someone like Kyle Lowry.

Similar build and size. Lowry can run an offense but when he needs he can go on runs offensively. Most importantly Lowery plays to win... real leader.

He will never sniff the NBA, and he won’t be back here next year. Everyone hates Dakich, but if was coaching Carr, Carr would actually be better. Either that or he’d quit.
I think Carr 'could' be a really good to great player with the right coach. He's got intangibles to build on BUT he's here with Pitino and getting zero coaching to make him better.

Guys go pro every year that will not end up playing in the NBA. Another year in college won't help a ~6'1 guard like Marcus get drafted...it will just make him another year older in the eyes of talent evaluators. I'd love to have him back, he's a very good college player. He's made more big shots for this program than anyone since at least Lawrence Westbrook.

It’s been obvious he’s not an NBA player the entire season... he can score a little bit that’s it. Terrible D and not a true facilitator. I’m not a fan of Carr and haven’t been the entire season. He’s selfish. Give me Bobby J. That guy was a winner who played defense.

If a kid isn't coming here because of fans on a message board, it means two things: 1. He's way to fragile to play big-time division one basketball and 2. He's focusing entirely on the wrong things. Either way, any potential recruit with that as a primary concern would and should be passed on immediately, not only by Minnesota but by any other power five program.

If a kid isn't coming here because of fans on a message board, it means two things: 1. He's way to fragile to play big-time division one basketball and 2. He's focusing entirely on the wrong things. Either way, any potential recruit with that as a primary concern would and should be passed on immediately, not only by Minnesota but by any other power five program.

I completely agree with this sentiment. I just wonder how many other teams have a thread on their team message board filled with vitriol for their best player.

Carr absolutely deserves criticism for aspects of his play. At the same time....we'd have quite a few more losses without him.

I completely agree with this sentiment. I just wonder how many other teams have a thread on their team message board filled with vitriol for their best player.

Carr absolutely deserves criticism for aspects of his play. At the same time....we'd have quite a few more losses without him.

I can't speak definitively about other teams best player. But if you go to other teams boards, almost every one is similar overall.

Team wins. People start talking final 4.

Team losses. Numerous threads organizing coach buy outs and talking about the entire roster leaving.

Its the life of the message boards. UK fans were calling for coach Cal's head after 1-4.

Maybe it's just me, but "isn't an NBA player" is a long way from "filled with vitriol."

It’s been obvious he’s not an NBA player the entire season... he can score a little bit that’s it. Terrible D and not a true facilitator. I’m not a fan of Carr and haven’t been the entire season. He’s selfish. Give me Bobby J. That guy was a winner who played defense.

Yeah, I think most people would take a first round pick over Carr

Yeah, I think most people would take a first round pick over Carr
For sure. I just personally really don’t like Carr and I get carried away. Big shot maker or not, something about him bothers me. He has such a selfish “all about me” vibe to him. I know I’m in the minority and I obviously want the Gophs to do well, I’m just not infatuated with him like some.

For sure. I just personally really don’t like Carr and I get carried away. Big shot maker or not, something about him bothers me. He has such a selfish “all about me” vibe to him. I know I’m in the minority and I obviously want the Gophs to do well, I’m just not infatuated with him like some.

Sure. I get all that. But saying you’d rather have Bobby J is not really a fair trade. Every single person on this board would take a future 1st round pick and NBA player over Carr

Sure. I get all that. But saying you’d rather have Bobby J is not really a fair trade. Every single person on this board would take a future 1st round pick and NBA player over Carr
Point taken. Was trying to compare Carr with someone who we are all familiar with who checks all the boxes at his position to show how far way he is from being an NBA player. I don’t like the praise that some give Carr. I’m just happy we are past the Carr in the NBA thing. It’s very silly.

And will be back next year! Preposterous statement? Too many holes in his game for being his size.
I said this about week 2 of the season.

dont think he will be back but don’t think it’s out of the question that he is back for the reason you stated

Carr reminds me of an AAU player, playing selfishly and trying to get as many points as possible.
Yes, he has the ball in his hands for most of the shot clock on most possessions. Is the coach afraid to control the offense and Carr? Not a healthy situation. Too much AAU 1-on-1 while others stand around.

Point taken. Was trying to compare Carr with someone who we are all familiar with who checks all the boxes at his position to show how far way he is from being an NBA player. I don’t like the praise that some give Carr. I’m just happy we are past the Carr in the NBA thing. It’s very silly.

Ive been saying it all season and got ripped. Trying to spend less time on here. Such a negative place

Carr has NBA talent. What he doesn't have is NBA game.

As Clint Eastwood famously said, " A man's got to know his limitations."

Carr clearly doesn't know his. He could make the NBA as a pass first, defensively focused, third or fourth option. Problem is, he doesn't think he is the man at Minnesota, HE KNOWS HE IS THE MAN.

Problem is, as Clint would point out, he can't do it against the double teams. He doesn't know his limitations. He doesn't realize that by increasing his passing and setting up his teammates he could lesson the focus on himself and create more opportunities for himself.

He can't see the forest for the trees.

He is NOT the kind of guy who passes to Steve for the game winning shot like Jordan. And he doesn't have Kyrie like handles to pull off his own shot against dedicated excellent defense.

Hello Euro or Aussie ball. Maybe China.

Carr has NBA talent. What he doesn't have is NBA game.

As Clint Eastwood famously said, " A man's got to know his limitations."

Carr clearly doesn't know his. He could make the NBA as a pass first, defensively focused, third or fourth option. Problem is, he doesn't think he is the man at Minnesota, HE KNOWS HE IS THE MAN.

Problem is, as Clint would point out, he can't do it against the double teams. He doesn't know his limitations. He doesn't realize that by increasing his passing and setting up his teammates he could lesson the focus on himself and create more opportunities for himself.

He can't see the forest for the trees.

He is NOT the kind of guy who passes to Steve for the game winning shot like Jordan. And he doesn't have Kyrie like handles to pull off his own shot against dedicated excellent defense.

Hello Euro or Aussie ball. Maybe China.
All I know is this...there has been a TON of talk about Carr passing more but I feel SO much better when I see him shoot something, even in traffic or off balance, than I do when anyone else shoots when they are wide open.

I just cringe when anyone, including Robbins most games, puts up a shot.

Top Bottom