Carpenter 2009 = Pittman 2008?

Is Brewster trying to spare Adam Weber's feelings or win Football Games? And 1 possession to answer the question wouldn't have hurt, hell, one of those quick 3 & Outs would've done it. Either you put Gray in and he makes a difference or he doesn't plain & simple.

We're already headed towards a QB Controversy if you can't tell.......

Its not about hurt feelings. You don't need a QB controversy in week 1 when you just spent the whole off season saying Weber is your guy.

And no, there isn't a QB controversy yet. If Weber keeps regressing and Gray shows his stuff then maybe. But until then you're jumping the gun (just like others are jumping the gun by wondering if Hayo is already this year's Pittman).

We're already headed towards a QB Controversy if you can't tell.......

you're an idiot.

the only reason that you think that there is a QB controversy (or should i capitalize it?) is because you hijack every thread with all your "play gray" nonsense.

So I'm an idiot but Weber's the 3rd Year QB out there still playing like he did his Freshman Year? Come on now...I'm a Weber fan but he should not still be playing like this.......

I never thought Weber improved much last year and when they started playing teams with better Defenses we lost 5 in a row, check the stats. Weber STILL has happy feet, STILL locks on to one receiver and STILL makes some very bad decisions (throwing to Decker into a sea of Orangemen?).......

Gray even played better then Weber during the scrimmage. One series wouldn't have hurt.......

sometimes I think I watch a different game than some of you. If Weber hits his throws it's a completely different game and we're talking about how great we looked. We're able to run the full game plan and get our project plays for Gray and stoudemire going. We're able to sustain drives and bring in more of the second and thirds on the depth (hayo). We get more 2nd and shorts and thus more running ops and we're looking at a decent rushing day. We had one major cog not working properly. That's pretty much all we know at this point, and...we won.

sometimes I think I watch a different game than some of you. If Weber hits his throws it's a completely different game and we're talking about how great we looked. We're able to run the full game plan and get our project plays for Gray and stoudemire going. We're able to sustain drives and bring in more of the second and thirds on the depth (hayo). We get more 2nd and shorts and thus more running ops and we're looking at a decent rushing day. We had one major cog not working properly. That's pretty much all we know at this point, and...we won.

You know what, you're right. Because if Gray would've came in and threw a pic it would've sent Weber back out there but would've seemed like Brewster didn't trust him anymore.......

But what happened happened we can't play the "IF" game.......

"If" We didn't lose to Michigan in 2003 we might've gotten a January Bowl.......

"If" Mason doesn't blow 31 point lead against Texas Tech he'd still be coach.......

"If" Weber doesn't throw an interception at the end of the NW game who knows, we might've been 8-1.......

"If" we didn't give up 2 possessions and 4 points off of 2 safeties against Wisconsin we might've won.......

"If" Weber got picked off throwing into a sea of Orangemen in the 4th we might've loss.......

"If" Weber doesn't fumble off the linemen we might've won in regulation.......

We can't do "IF's" let's go off what happened and from what I saw out there Weber didn't look like a 3rd Year QB. Maybe it's the 1st Game/New Offense Jitters I don't know let's hope. I can at least say Weber showed his ass in the 2nd Half. The only thing that concerns me is what happens this Saturday concerning Syracuse's Defense. We play late so we'll be able to see the Penn State/Syracuse outcome. Syracuse holds Penn State respectably I'm sure we'll all feel better about our own performance seeing as it will be obvious Syracuse's Defense will have improved from the worse in the country last year.

Now if Penn State steamrolls Syracuse I'm sure we'll be a little nervous heading into the Air Force game later that night. Maybe Weber will be more poised at home in a quieter environment in his favor.......

But if he comes out and goes "Michigan" on us I'll be worried as I'm sure you will be too.......

I agree, I believe we al tought that first game was painful to watch. I expected more and I think everyone else did as well, but rememeber it was the first gane with a new offense ( new throwing motin-not sure why) and an new defense-at lest new defesinve coordinator---(however they made great adjustments) Don't gve up yet. Let's hoe to see the FROSH and super JUCOs soon! Is the WILDCAT formation really necessary???? Or put Marquies out there??

I cant believe people are even talking about this. Its been one freaking game everyone. Relax. Hayo will be fine. Gray will play here and there. It was the first D1 game for both of those guys. Let them get adjusted and learn the system more. Everyone says what is the harm in not letting them play against syracuse. What if Hayo runs the wrong route and Weber throws a pick, or if Gray panicks and throws a pick. Both situations could have cost them the game. While i dont think we should wait till we are way up or way down in a game to let some of the guys loose. I dont think, playing their first game on the road, in a close game would have been the best choice. Even Pryor didnt play a whole lot at the beginning of the year last year. And in my opinion, Weber is better than the QB that Ohio State had starting last year, and even if we dont want to admit it, there is a reason why Pryor was the number 1 recruit and Gray wasnt. Gray is an unbelievable talent, which fans in this state are not used to, and might be a bit anxios to see him play. Just relax, cause we all know that after he throws a couple incompletions in a row, this whole board will be about how overated he is, and how Alipate could play over him in 2 years. Nothing is ever good enough, and if i can quote Jim Mora i belive, "The negativity in this town sucks"

I can't agree more. The pessimism I've seen after our first win has been incredible - annoying, even. Even the defending NFL Champs struggled in their first game. We won - Give Hayo a chance... first game and we get a post like this??? He's a 19/20 year old kid - relax.

I can't agree more. The pessimism I've seen after our first win has been incredible - annoying, even. Even the defending NFL Champs struggled in their first game. We won - Give Hayo a chance... first game and we get a post like this??? He's a 19/20 year old kid - relax.

Clearly, playing against the Tennessee Titans (in the NFL, where parody is king) is the same thing as playing against a 3-win team with a new coaching staff in a conference that shouldn't even be BCS. Good analogy.

And how long have you been a Gopher fan? It's pretty tough to not be bearish on this team if you've watched more than one possession.

I want the Gophers to succeed as badly as anyone, but it's beyond obvious that this program almost always fails to come through in key situations. That's not being pessimistic - it's being realistic.

You know what, you're right. Because if Gray would've came in and threw a pic it would've sent Weber back out there but would've seemed like Brewster didn't trust him anymore.......

But what happened happened we can't play the "IF" game.......

"If" We didn't lose to Michigan in 2003 we might've gotten a January Bowl.......

"If" Mason doesn't blow 31 point lead against Texas Tech he'd still be coach.......

"If" Weber doesn't throw an interception at the end of the NW game who knows, we might've been 8-1.......

"If" we didn't give up 2 possessions and 4 points off of 2 safeties against Wisconsin we might've won.......

"If" Weber got picked off throwing into a sea of Orangemen in the 4th we might've loss.......

"If" Weber doesn't fumble off the linemen we might've won in regulation.......

We can't do "IF's" let's go off what happened and from what I saw out there Weber didn't look like a 3rd Year QB. Maybe it's the 1st Game/New Offense Jitters I don't know let's hope. I can at least say Weber showed his ass in the 2nd Half. The only thing that concerns me is what happens this Saturday concerning Syracuse's Defense. We play late so we'll be able to see the Penn State/Syracuse outcome. Syracuse holds Penn State respectably I'm sure we'll all feel better about our own performance seeing as it will be obvious Syracuse's Defense will have improved from the worse in the country last year.

Now if Penn State steamrolls Syracuse I'm sure we'll be a little nervous heading into the Air Force game later that night. Maybe Weber will be more poised at home in a quieter environment in his favor.......

But if he comes out and goes "Michigan" on us I'll be worried as I'm sure you will be too.......

Your lack of logic astounds me. Your whole "One series wouldn't have hurt" idea is completely predicated off of an IF. Lets try it out...

"One series wouldn't have hurt IF Gray played well/threw for a TD/won the lottery".

Jeebus.

I want the Gophers to succeed as badly as anyone, but it's beyond obvious that this program almost always fails to come through in key situations. That's not being pessimistic - it's being realistic.

Would driving 79 yards on 14 plays converting a pair of third downs, your QB converting 7 of 11 throws and your rookie kicks a game tying field goal with 57 seconds to play in regulation be a key situation?

Would driving 79 yards on 14 plays converting a pair of third downs, your QB converting 7 of 11 throws and your rookie kicks a game tying field goal with 57 seconds to play in regulation be a key situation?

Zing.

Yes, that last drive was awesome.

But, you really don't want to get into this game. For every positive drive/play/game you can think of, I can come back with plenty more negatives.

Hopefully, the tide is turning. It sure does feel like it. But this program isn't there - yet.

Your lack of logic astounds me. Your whole "One series wouldn't have hurt" idea is completely predicated off of an IF. Lets try it out...

"One series wouldn't have hurt IF Gray played well/threw for a TD/won the lottery".

Jeebus.

Did you even read what I read or skim through it? I was admitting I *AM* wrong on this subject and Brew was right to stick with Weber...*JESUS*.......I don't think I'm better then the next man and I can admit when I made a mistake.......

***I AM WRONG*** ON THE SUBJECT, BREWSTER MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.......

Did you even read what I read or skim through it? I was admitting I *AM* wrong on this subject and Brew was right to stick with Weber...*JESUS*.......I don't think I'm better then the next man and I can admit when I made a mistake.......

***I AM WRONG*** ON THE SUBJECT, BREWSTER MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.......

You're fine. I'm just 2 for 2 in misreading everyone's posts today. Let's try this... :eek: :eek: :eek: (I'd give myself the "ram the smiley head into the wall" icon if we had it). My bad...

You're fine. I'm just 2 for 2 in misreading everyone's posts today. Let's try this... :eek: :eek: :eek: (I'd give myself the "ram the smiley head into the wall" icon if we had it). My bad...

Let's just concentrate all of our energy on the game tomorrow :clap:

I might use a little of that energy on bear and pizza. It appears i'll be watching the game at Campus Pizza tomorrow. So close and yet so far away.

I might use a little of that energy on bear and pizza. It appears i'll be watching the game at Campus Pizza tomorrow. So close and yet so far away.

let us know how that BEAR goes...if he fights back or whatnot.... Or is that bear pizza...something the vikings would like to feast on no doubt... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;););)

Clearly, playing against the Tennessee Titans (in the NFL, where parody is king) is the same thing as playing against a 3-win team with a new coaching staff in a conference that shouldn't even be BCS. Good analogy.

And how long have you been a Gopher fan? It's pretty tough to not be bearish on this team if you've watched more than one possession.

No... Being Realistic is saying "Hayo Carpenter probably needs time to adjust. Our team probably needs a couple games to get the rust out." Saying that Hayo is a BUST is completely pessimistic... nothing BUT pessimism!

My analogy was actually pretty good - nothing is EXACTLY the same but the point is that it's natural to struggle the first game but a win is a win.

Top Bottom