Carolina Blue

dboy

Banned
Reaction score
blow out again..

UNC brought in five of the nations top 37 freshman: #'s 6, 27, 32, 36, 27.

the top 2 for THE ENTIRE BIG 10: Watford #34, White #35.

there may be some heat on Tubby, but ol Roy must really be feeling it... defending champs???

blow out again..

UNC brought in five of the nations top 37 freshman: #'s 6, 27, 32, 36, 27.

the top 2 for THE ENTIRE BIG 10: Watford #34, White #35.

there may be some heat on Tubby, but ol Roy must really be feeling it... defending champs???

I wouldn't think any heat, certainly a very disappointing season up until now. 13-10 record.

The 2000 Tar Heels were similarly fated (18-13) until they caught fire in the NCAA tourney and made FF (22-14).

No, I'm sure they take solace in last year's championship and Harrison Barnes.

UNC just has horrible roster balance right now.. some very good bigs, but they're getting terrible guard play. If anyone really bought into the idea of Ginyard being a PG coming into this year, they were crazy. They just don't have much for guards right now.

I found it funny that Terp fans of all people were chanting NIT in the 4th quarter of the game towards UNC. If any school got less out of a national championship after 8 years, it's Maryland. They went from a top program to a constant bubble team almost overnight. This is a minor speed bump for UNC. Maryland's been an NIT candidate for the past 6 years. I don't like 'Ol Roy and UNC but I loath Terp fan.

UNC is no lock to be a power next year. Their 2 best players will once again leave the program (Thompson and Davis) along with their best defender (Ginyard) while their freshman have been far from impressive. Barnes, Bullock, and Marshall can only do so much. They'll get killed on the boards and on the block next year as their one talented big holdover in Henson has been a huge bust. Their frontline next year will consist of Henson, the Wear Twins (underwhelmed), and Zeller. There's some length there but no good rebounders and no offense in the post. Henson is best near the 3 point line and gets killed down low. Zeller is kind of the same type of player. That leaves the Wear Twins and you never want to count on them for much after what I've seen.

Also, unless the freshman can come in a play solid D right away next year, they'll give up a ton of points. Ginyard is their only capable on-the-ball defender. Drew, McDonald, Strickland, and Graves play D like it has Hep B. They'll be the deepest team in the country at the 1 thru 3 positions offensively next year IMO but the glaring problems on D and with their bigs will make them no better than a middle of the pack tourney team.

This sounds strangely familiar to Gopher hockey.

I watched most of the game and really, truly, 110% enjoyed Ole Roy Boy's constipated look on the bench. I was waiting for him to jump up and demand that all those chanting Terp fans be evicted from the building.

I guess that only works when your at home. Aw shucks!

ol roy rolls the balls out and lets 'em play.. at UNC and Kansas he just usually overwhelms everyone with talent. with 5 - 8 scorers, 2 or 3 will be on fire every nite.. 5 in / 5 out.. someone will be on fire.

not this year.

so he has no plan B.. just that 'god, i wish someone would get hot' look on his face all game long.

Top Bottom