Carlos Morris to miss today's game to attend a funeral

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I wonder if Vegas will lessen the spread.

I get some of the hate for him, but there are also times where he is the only one on the court even looking to score. I think he and King would be good bench players in a better situation. Guys that can get hot and give you a spark at times.

I get some of the hate for him, but there are also times where he is the only one on the court even looking to score. I think he and King would be good bench players in a better situation. Guys that can get hot and give you a spark at times.

Essentially, what you're saying is that he should play when we're down and time is lessening and we need someone to score. I agree, with the addendum that given his lack of defense, teamwork, ball handling, passing, and rebounding, that situation is the only time he should play.

EDIT: As a bigger point, yes, my post's timing was poor and inappropriate. My condolences to the Morris family.

Essentially, what you're saying is that he should play when we're down and time is lessening and we need someone to score. I agree, with the addendum that given his lack of defense, teamwork, ball handling, passing, and rebounding, that situation is the only time he should play.

Essentially you're kicking a guy/kid when he's down.

His defense is not a shortcoming on this team, he is not a source of that problem. He is one of the few on this team that can consistently score in conference play, although he is really streaky. Hacksaw Jim Duggan is right, he would be good as a limited role scorer off the bench on many good teams. When put into a larger role though, some of his flaws are regularly exposed.

That's not at all what I said. Your offense can get stagnant at any point of a game. There have been times when he is the only one even trying to drive to the hoop. There are times where everyone else is just standing around. The other guards have started driving as well and it is good to see.

I get it, he is frustrating to watch because he can make some dumb decisions. But some people act like he's the worst player ever. He is what he is and should get some time in the rotation.

By they way, he is one of the better rebounders on the team. Tied for second on the team with 4 rebounds per game, higher than Joey King.

I wonder if Vegas will lessen the spread.

Missing a game for a funeral isn't some casual, meaningless action. He's hurting to some extent and you have to make a garbage comment like that.

Embarrassing thread. I'm sure Morris would feel very supported if he came across this thread. Poor guy--hope he's doing alright.

I too hope Carlos is doing alright.

This gives me the chance to say something I've had on my mind. Considering the losing, this team is remarkable in how they've stayed together and kept working at it. That's the type of effect I'd expect to see as the result of good senior leadership. King and Carlos might not be the most vocal guys on the court, but I truly believe that they're good seniors behind the scenes and have had a lot to do with the team's cohesion.

Morris and Buggs are the two worst defenders I've ever seen don maroon and gold jerseys. Morris is selfish, doesn't pass, takes ill-advised-shot, after ill-advised-shot, kills flow and rotation, is booby soft, doesn't box out, won't put a hit on defenders, won't fight through screens and generally refuses to do the dirty work that he could do, if he wanted. He's such a bad example for the younger players. A family friend died, that's sad. I'm glad he can be there for the funeral. Still, Morris was out and we played our best game since Clemson, not a coincidence imo.

Morris and Buggs are the two worst defenders I've ever seen don maroon and gold jerseys. Morris is selfish, doesn't pass, takes ill-advised-shot, after ill-advised-shot, kills flow and rotation, is booby soft, doesn't box out, won't put a hit on defenders, won't fight through screens and generally refuses to do the dirty work that he could do, if he wanted. He's such a bad example for the younger players. A family friend died, that's sad. I'm glad he can be there for the funeral. Still, Morris was out and we played our best game since Clemson, not a coincidence imo.

What is your problem? Seriously. We've heard your rant about Morris and Buggs a million times. We get it. You felt it was important to remind us for the 100th time in a thread that's about Morris missing the game to attend a funeral? Classy.

So Morris isn't a complete player?? Who is on this squad? Give it up.

The kid is probably hurting right now. I hope he gets all the support he needs from his Gopher family.

Didn't you say you didn't even watch the game?? How do you know how they played team defense?

Top Bottom