Carlos Morris last night, only 4 minutes

Does Matt have Ellenson-esq potential or is he more of a Utoff?

I like this. Is his ceiling immediate NBA lottery pick, or is it only Big Ten Player of the year? I guess, if forced, we could settle for the latter.

I am totally fine going without seeing Carlos Morris mean-mug after making a basket when we are down by 15 points. Probably my least favorite Gopher player of the last 5 years. Plays hardly a lick of D.

Pitino doesn't need to play Morris very much. He's better off playing Dorsey and McBrayer much more. Dorsey has a good cross-over, is very quick, and has grown as a player. I think he's a more natural point guard than Mason. McBrayer is also an excellent slasher who has improved quite a bit. These minutes are really big for next season, and with this season going no where, it doesn't make sense to play Morris very much.

Just as important, Dorsey isn't afraid to guard someone. He can take out the other team's all-conference player, which is just as good as adding an all-conference player to your team.

Just as important, Dorsey isn't afraid to guard someone. He can take out the other team's all-conference player, which is just as good as adding an all-conference player to your team.

If you assume that the other team's all-conference player wasn't also able to play defense.

I guess we can close this thread.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom