Career Highs

underground629

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do we give up an unusually high amount of career highs? It seems like every game it's 1 or 2 players (guards or sf) who absolutely destroy us, and we take forever to make any kind of adjustment. I know we don't have a great defensive stopper with Nolen out, but still...

I was thinking the same thing, it seems like one person is destroying us.
I find myself screaming at the TV, WILL SOMEONE GUARD the shooter...:eek:

It crossed my mind too. You know who the shooters are going into the game...other teams don't make it any secret that those guys are going to get the ball and green light on any looks. The guys that are supposed to score have scored big on us (except Barnes :) )

Hopefully our record against Illinois and OSU doesn't depend on whether or not McCamey or Lighty/Diebler can hit open 3's. Not to mention the rest of the BT.

I find myself screaming at the TV, WILL SOMEONE GUARD the shooter...:eek:
So frustrating. It sometimes seems like we're too stubborn to adjust our defense because of a single player.

Hopefully our record against Illinois and OSU doesn't depend on whether or not McCamey or Lighty/Diebler can hit open 3's. Not to mention the rest of the BT.

I'm definitely worried about Lighty/Diebler. Hopefully we don't give Diebler the open looks that we've been giving so many good 3 point shooters. I'm not sure who's going to stop Lighty from driving. I think he's going to get to the ft line a lot if he's aggressive. McCamey I'm not as worried about as long as Nolen is guarding him. He'll probably score a lot but I think if Nolen guards him he won't be very efficient. When anyone else is guarding him... pray his shot is off

Aldolf Rupp always said he would let "Pistol" Pete Maravich get his points and try to beat the whole UK team. Pete never did even though he would score 40 points.

Not for Galloway. And he's only a freshman. And it's not like they reached career highs by shooting a ton shots with a low percentage. 29 points on 8-19 shooting when 11 of those attempts are from 3 is pretty damn efficient. Galloway was very efficient too.

Tonight's career highs came on career highs in shot attempts.

Top Bottom