Captains for next year

Reaction score
Our senior class next year will be one of the worst in College football history. Given there was a coaching change and turnover happens but we are left with Weber, Theret, Royston, and a couple OL and I think ALL you could argue should not be starting. Regardless, Weber is a lock for 1 captain but does anyone think an underclassmen might be elected similar to Weber in the past?

My Picks are:
Weber(even thou I hope he is backup QB)
Gray
Carufel
Theret
Cooper

Weber, Alford, Jacobs, and Theret.

I think Alford has been our best lineman this year. He's played well since coming after the Stommes project did not go as planned.

The defense will be really young next year and the/a "C" will likely go to the guy with the most experience, i.e. Theret. It feels weird to put Theret out there since many people have been waiting for him to be a backup since he showed up on campus. But he has a chance to be 4 year starter and I think he'll be a captain for that reason.

Regarding Carufel ... I don't think he played well this year. He fans on his share of blocks and he leads the team in chop block penalties. I'm a little surprised he hasn't been criticized more on this board.

Rosen on the BTN never mentioned Carufel or Sherels. He did mention the opponent was San Diego State

Carufel had a sprained ankle according to this morning's StarTrib.

Carufel is a marginal at best player that transferred into the program. That's not captain material.

Adam Weber
Jon Hoese
Kyle Theret

Man... I have no friggen idea who else.
Kim Royston???
Jacobs???

Ha, Ellestad?

Next Year's Captains:

Rick Mons
Gopher Lady
Moonlight
Art Vandelay

Special Teams:

bga1
Gopher4Life

Our senior class next year will be one of the worst in College football history. Given there was a coaching change and turnover happens but we are left with Weber, Theret, Royston, and a couple OL and I think ALL you could argue should not be starting. Regardless, Weber is a lock for 1 captain but does anyone think an underclassmen might be elected similar to Weber in the past?

My Picks are:
Weber(even thou I hope he is backup QB)
Gray
Carufel
Theret
Cooper

wow! and we hae a new nominee for dumbest post of the year on GH. :rolleyes:

I dont think many of us spend a whole lot of time with the team. The best players are not always the captains. I don't know how we can speculate who is putting in the extra hours or who is a leader on the team. The majority of us only see the Gophers on Saturday afternoons, in the newspaper, and online.

From what I have observed, this class will be missed from a leadership aspect. Players like Campbell, Decker, Brown, Logan Uu, Triplett, Tow-Arnett, Small, etc. worked extremely hard both on and off the field and are a credit to the UM.

At this point, likely Weber, Hoese and Theret but I don't think anyone here knows the chemistry of next years team.

Top Bottom