Can't wait for Thanksgiving Weekend

mnsports1

Reaction score
I drive home to my parents (small So. MN town) and get to enjoy the feast on Thursday - The QB of the meal (Turkey), O -line (potatoes and gravy), D-line (stuffing), LB's (sweet potatoes), the pies (WR's and RB's) and the underappreciated walk-ons (cranberry sauce). All this put together by Mom (the Coach).

Nothing on TV except FB-
NFL
Prep Bowl
Gophers v. Iowa

What a weekend!

I can't decide what I am most looking forward to!

Friday is going to be a wonderful day of football on the TV, send the ladies shopping and hunker down on the couch! Of course Saturday will be spent at TCF Bank Stadium both pre and post game with a main menu that hopefully includeds taking back Floyd!

Here are the Friday games if anybody is interested. I for one, am particularly interested in the Boise State @ Nevada game. If you have not watched Nevada, they have a dynamic rushing offense out of the pistol, led by senior QB Colin Kaepernick. They may give Boise a good test in Reno.

11:00 AM ET Louisville at Rutgers
12:00 PM ET West Virginia at Pittsburgh
12:00 PM ET Northern Illinois at Eastern Michigan
2:00 PM ET Southern Methodist at East Carolina
2:00 PM ET Western Michigan at Bowling Green
2:00 PM ET Buffalo at Akron
2:00 PM ET Ohio at Kent State
2:30 PM ET No. 2 Auburn at No. 11 Alabama CBS
3:30 PM ET Colorado at No. 8 Nebraska
3:30 PM ET UCLA at Arizona State
6:30 PM ET Southern Miss at Tulsa
7:00 PM ET No. 22 Arizona at No. 1 Oregon ESPN
10:15 PM ET No. 4 Boise State at No. 18 Nevada ESPN

Friday is going to be a wonderful day of football on the TV, send the ladies shopping and hunker down on the couch! Of course Saturday will be spent at TCF Bank Stadium both pre and post game with a main menu that hopefully includeds taking back Floyd!

Here are the Friday games if anybody is interested. I for one, am particularly interested in the Boise State @ Nevada game. If you have not watched Nevada, they have a dynamic rushing offense out of the pistol, led by senior QB Colin Kaepernick. They may give Boise a good test in Reno.

11:00 AM ET Louisville at Rutgers
12:00 PM ET West Virginia at Pittsburgh
12:00 PM ET Northern Illinois at Eastern Michigan
2:00 PM ET Southern Methodist at East Carolina
2:00 PM ET Western Michigan at Bowling Green
2:00 PM ET Buffalo at Akron
2:00 PM ET Ohio at Kent State
2:30 PM ET No. 2 Auburn at No. 11 Alabama CBS
3:30 PM ET Colorado at No. 8 Nebraska
3:30 PM ET UCLA at Arizona State
6:30 PM ET Southern Miss at Tulsa
7:00 PM ET No. 22 Arizona at No. 1 Oregon ESPN
10:15 PM ET No. 4 Boise State at No. 18 Nevada ESPN

I can't leave the house until the new washer/dryer are delivered on that Friday.. I'm sooo glad football was invented.

I can't leave the house until the new washer/dryer are delivered on that Friday.. I'm sooo glad football was invented.

Hopefully your delivery window is noon - midnight, because you know they will not arrive until the bitter end. :)

240px-Floyd_of_rosedale.jpg

I drive home to my parents (small So. MN town) and get to enjoy the feast on Thursday - The QB of the meal (Turkey), O -line (potatoes and gravy), D-line (stuffing), LB's (sweet potatoes), the pies (WR's and RB's) and the underappreciated walk-ons (cranberry sauce). All this put together by Mom (the Coach).

Nothing on TV except FB-
NFL
Prep Bowl
Gophers v. Iowa

What a weekend!

I can't decide what I am most looking forward to!

YESSSSSSSSSSS. Best post this season

My favorite game of the season. I was at TCF Bank cheering for the Gophers against USC earlier this season. Nov. 27th will be different for me but I look forward to the first Iowa Minnesota game outdoors in the Twin Cities since 1980. The Gophers won that game 24-6. Hopefully, the Hawks can retain Floyd for the 9th time in 10 seasons. Should be a fun experience as always!

I love Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday by far. Just family, food and football baybee, with no pseudo-religious or patriotic baggage to weigh the proceedings down. Just an opportunity to be together with the ones you love (or not, plenty of people spend it alone) and give a simple word of thanks, to whomever, for all of this.

I used to love Christmas above all others back when it was still a fairly straightforward Christian holiday, but anymore it's become so awash in mass merchandising and consumerism that its original intent is all but lost in my opinion, and now I just find it jaded and forced and pretty much a drag.

The Fourth of July is still cool, but Thanksgiving's just the best.

Man...that is difficult to swallow. Is it really 8 of the last 9 years right now? Ugh.

Yep,

Iowa won in 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09.

Minnesota won in 06.

Of course, this date for the streak is arbitrary and has little real meaning. Minnesota still leads the all-time series 58-42-2. Iowa has simply had the upper hand of late.

Yep,

Iowa won in 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09.

Minnesota won in 06.

Of course, this date for the streak is arbitrary and has little real meaning.Minnesota still leads the all-time series 58-42-2. Iowa has simply had the upper hand of late.

Wait, that's our part, followed by "well we have 6 National Championships!!1!!!11":rolleyes:

Cripes...I was at everyone of those games except '09. I have done a good job of purging it from my memory. '99 Kinnick is still one of my favorites. On the field slapping TC on the back while he is carrying Floyd off the field. Ahhh, the good old days!

Top Bottom