Can't blame committee for snub now!

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
Losing by 20 points after the illini took them to double OT yesterday. I won't be shocked if we are snubbed now. Miss St or Illinois were more competitive.

Gophers defense non existant in 2nd half.

If margin of victory really means that much then I would hope they consider we lost to MSU and Purdue by one, lost by three to Texas A&M, and went to OT with Northwestern and Indiana.
________
Honda freed

Maybe, but Illinois also lost to Ohio St less then two weeks about by 16.

You can join Gopherweirdo in getting the hell off our board Moses. This is the 4th game in 4 days and OSU is making every shot they take

You want to make a bet Moses? Paid via Paypal? Let's put $50 on it?

Hopefully, we can score some garbage points in the last couple minutes to make the loss look better.

I think they will still get in, but this makes it a little closer IMO...

So Moses betting the #5 team in the country yesterday by 27 isn't competitive enough for ya?

You guys are sure with the gopher the minute they win and against them the minute they lose...They are playing their 4th game in 4 days...Give'em a break.

I knew it wasn't our day when we missed all those bunnies in the first half.

I love how people put so much emphasis on the score of these tournament games. Whether it's close or not really doesn't matter, it's W or L. The committee looks at the full body of work. Just because Miss St played Kentucky tough doesn't mean they are more deserving, it's one game of 32. Remember they got rid of the rule if you finish strong you get more consideration; they took it out because of uneven scheduling.

The Gophers are going to be fine, chill out. You guys get way too extreme for both wins and losses, lol ;)

Losing by 20 points after the illini took them to double OT yesterday. I won't be shocked if we are snubbed now. Miss St or Illinois were more competitive.

I know you've been waiting all weekend for a chance to rip the gophers, and that must have been frustrating, but this is really the best you can come up with? I'm actually kind of disappointed.

I think they will also take into account that if Ohio State shoots like this again they can beat any team in the country by 20....

I love how people put so much emphasis on the score of these tournament games. Whether it's close or not really doesn't matter, it's W or L. The committee looks at the full body of work. Just because Miss St played Kentucky tough doesn't mean they are more deserving, it's one game of 32. Remember they got rid of the rule if you finish strong you get more consideration; they took it out because of uneven scheduling.

This committee scares me. Listening to the chair reminds me of listening to Sarah Palin (I also hate listening to Joe Biden). Will they consider that we are playing our 4th game in 4 days? If I had to say, we are out, but still have my fingers crossed.

Lol. I don't think anyone is going to bet you. Gophers should still be in. Just got to hope we get a good matchup.
Exactly...I'm waiting for people to put their money where their mouth is. So far only Gopher Warrior and I have a bet going...trying to get more people to take the bet (and I gave him phenomenal odds!)

Anyone saying we're out is ridiculous. The committee probably had a seed for us if we lost and a seed for us if we won. We lost so we'll get the lower seed.

Agreed...

I wasn't expecting the Gophers to come out and destroy Ohio today, but I also wasn't expecting them to completely lose chances to get into the tournament. They did the ONE thing that we could not do today. So disappointing. I guess we will see what the committee decides.

The Gophers won't get a break for having to play 4 games in 4 days...they put themselves in that spot by blowing 4 games they had big leads in in confernence play. Hang on to any of the games vs NW, Indiana, MSU or Purdue and they are playing the 4,5 game against Wisconsin and are dead certain locks...but they lost ALL 4 of those games and put themselves in a spot where they had to win 4 in 4 days...

I think they deserve to be in over Illinois, but I can see where the committee will snub us.

Don't hate the messenger folks...hate the four close losses where they blew late leads.

I think regular season champs should be in from about 20 conferences including the WAC and Pac 10 this year...

The Gophers won't get a break for having to play 4 games in 4 days...they put themselves in that spot by blowing 4 games they had big leads in in confernence play. Hang on to any of the games vs NW, Indiana, MSU or Purdue and they are playing the 4,5 game against Wisconsin and are dead certain locks...but they lost ALL 4 of those games and put themselves in a spot where they had to win 4 in 4 days...

I think they deserve to be in over Illinois, but I can see where the committee will snub us.

Don't hate the messenger folks...hate the four close losses where they blew late leads.

Obviously, they should have played better from the start of the season. And certainly, there have been ample missed opportunities that could have spared us all the angst some are feeling right now.

But trust me here, you don't count as any kind of "messenger." You simply have an opinion, which quite honestly is almost as insightful as your "epic collapse" prediction yesterday. And I have no doubt that if the Gophers are left out, you will give yourself whiplash patting yourself on the back so hard. It would certainly jive with the rest of your shtick.

I still say don't panic. 4 games in 4 days, one in OT - the boys were running on fumes. We are in, no doubt. And if anyone takes the bets being offered, I want a piece of the we-are-in side, too.

I still say don't panic. 4 games in 4 days, one in OT - the boys were running on fumes. We are in, no doubt. And if anyone takes the bets being offered, I want a piece of the we-are-in side, too.

I'm guessing you had us in in 1993 and 2002 and 2003 and 2008....I am looking at this with far more skepticism than most....

You truly love to wallow in the "poor us" pit don't you?

Top Bottom