Can we steal some TT recruits?

Reaction score
Other teams do it, why can't we raid a few TT recruits? Brewster has done a pretty good job of recruiting Texas...........

http://texastech.scout.com/a.z?s=188&p=9&c=8&yr=2010

Lawrence Rumph is listed as a 4* JUCO DE recruit with very good size. Lots of offers from good schools. We need the depth.

Not sure about any of these kids but it would be worth a shot.

We made an offer to a couple of these guys:

3star OT: Javious Townsend
3star DE: Kendrick Dial

These guys should be called. They didn't commit to Texas Tech beacuse they wanted to live in Lubbock.

Being the Mayor of Lubbock, I am seriously offended by your statement. If you lived in my fine city you would be relegated to a closet for three hours, minimum. Keep hiding behind your monitor, vagrant!!!

Hey Mayor, what the heck is a lubbock anyway?

i posted something about this yesterday. it seems like we should atleast give them a call. i would personally like Dial over Beckwith or Vincent Johnson

How about the year before? A transfer or two would be nice. Doesn't count against recruiting limitations, we just have to wait a year.

How about the year before? A transfer or two would be nice. Doesn't count against recruiting limitations, we just have to wait a year.
As I understand the rules transfers count against the 85 scholarship overall limit but not the 25 scholarship yearly limit. I'm not positive about players with less than 2 yrs in a system but after 2 years they only count toward the overall limit. We currently have 26 commitments so it looks like we are at our limit of 25 plus 3 over signings when you count 2 gray shirts. I've heard that Searcy won't make it so there's room for Henderson. As for transfers I'm pretty sure that we'll have a least 2 scholarships from graduation. If, we're not currently at the 85 scholarship limit, there may be more.
One wild card is that James might qualify for a transfer waiver and be eligible to play without sitting a year. I'm not advocating that we take him I'm just commenting

Mike Leach

Well, at least he did not get caught fooling around on his wife like many of our fine athletes and coaches have been lately.

Don't know that for sure.

He may have been with another woman but she is still locked in the closet. When she gets out their will be even more hell to pay.~

I get the feeling that recruiting is pretty much done, at least new recruits-wise.

Top Bottom