Can we at least get this one thing firmly in mind?

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
Not one single fan, assistant coach, administrator, head coach or reporter of or from the University of Illinois, Nebraska, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Ohio State, Indiana, Michigan or Michigan State wants PJ Fleck to stay here. He is their worst fear. No success here is good for them or their team. They ALL want him gone, wish him gone, lust for his failure here and hope and prey that our U football program returns to providing them with more wins for THEIR universities.

Do they admire him and smile when he beats their rivals? Yes, but that is it. Please stop thinking that any of the above folk are going to say anything like "PJ is such a good fit for the U." Nope, it is going to be an eternal "PJ is going to take the job at wherever." Will he? I don't know. But, I do know they all want him gone.

I dunno. I kind of like our rivals to do reasonably well, but to lose to Minnesota most every time we play. We don't want to wind up in ACC football status, or with the nation throwing tomatoes at the shabby Big Ten West again.

There's only room for max 3 good teams (record-wise) in the West every season. So in that zero-sum sense it's good for rivals to fall apart. I still want there to be big games like we enjoyed in November and that can't happen if we all "lust for failure" for each other.

Not one single fan, assistant coach, administrator, head coach or reporter of or from the University of Illinois, Nebraska, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Ohio State, Indiana, Michigan or Michigan State wants PJ Fleck to stay here. He is their worst fear. No success here is good for them or their team. They ALL want him gone, wish him gone, lust for his failure here and hope and prey that our U football program returns to providing them with more wins for THEIR universities.

Do they admire him and smile when he beats their rivals? Yes, but that is it. Please stop thinking that any of the above folk are going to say anything like "PJ is such a good fit for the U." Nope, it is going to be an eternal "PJ is going to take the job at wherever." Will he? I don't know. But, I do know they all want him gone.

?

I dunno. I kind of like our rivals to do reasonably well, but to lose to Minnesota most every time we play. We don't want to wind up in ACC football status, or with the nation throwing tomatoes at the shabby Big Ten West again.

There's only room for max 3 good teams (record-wise) in the West every season. So in that zero-sum sense it's good for rivals to fall apart. I still want there to be big games like we enjoyed in November and that can't happen if we all "lust for failure" for each other.

So, who wants Fleck to stay here from the list above? No one. So if we ask any of them about Fleck perhaps we should not be surprized when they answer that "they know he will be going to --------- (wherever)." Basic bias. You are right, it is entirely a zero sum game within the Big Ten. Every win of ours hurts one of them to the core. See the Purdue remark earlier today.

They "want him gone"? Sounds like something Tony Soprano would have said.

Someone had way toooo much egg nog.

You're big into conspiracy theories aren't you....

You think it is a conspiracy theory that fans and coaches, etc, have a bias against Gopher success? You would openly accept that, for example, a minor Purdue coach who would see Fleck as wanting to leave here? Really? Wow, bumkin.

No other team gives a crap who is coaching on the other side. They are worried about their own thing.

You think it is a conspiracy theory that fans and coaches, etc, have a bias against Gopher success? You would openly accept that, for example, a minor Purdue coach who would see Fleck as wanting to leave here? Really? Wow, bumkin.
I think they generally don't care.

well....taking a step back here to see through the clouds.....

You can always pick up on things when it comes to hires and such. When a coach gets hired that their rivals do not fear, so to speak, you will hear others say "Great hire!" or "They're gonna be very happy they hired him". That's coach-speak for "good, now I can breathe". When there is silence, its that our rivals have certain trepidation. Its normal in competition. It really is. One only has to look back at the hiring of Gutey instead of Bobby Ross, for instance, and what the reactions from around the Big Ten were. Or, how much everyone around the league was sad to see Wacker go.

I think they generally don't care.

They generally pretend to admire the other coaches. In fact they do or they don't. Will they keep their jobs if they continue to lose to our coach? No, they will be let go, usually everyone down to the water boy or girl. But, I guess you think they generally don't care about that. OK. We disagree.

Last edited:

They generally pretend to admire the other coaches. In fact they do or they don't. Will they keep their jobs if they continue to lose to our coach? Yep. But, I guess you think they generally don't care about that. OK. We disagree.
If they loose to MN they don't think:

"Oh man PJ got me!"

They think

"I should have done better"

These guys don't reach this level of their career blaming the opposing coaches / hoping they just go away.

They generally pretend to admire the other coaches. In fact they do or they don't. Will they keep their jobs if they continue to lose to our coach? No, they will be let go, usually everyone down to the water boy or girl. But, I guess you think they generally don't care about that. OK. We disagree.
Wow.

If they loose to MN they don't think:

"Oh man PJ got me!"

They think

"I should have done better"

These guys don't reach this level of their career blaming the opposing coaches / hoping they just go away.

Who wrote that other fans and coaches spend their time "wishing Fleck would go away"? I wrote that I do not trust anything any fan or coach of our Big Ten peers said about our coach or coaches (like the Purdue coach quoted earlier). If you want to trust what Badger fans and coaches say about our coaches, go ahead. I won't.

Who wrote that other fans and coaches spend their time "wishing Fleck would go away"? I wrote that I do not trust anything any fan or coach of our Big Ten peers said about our coach or coaches (like the Purdue coach quoted earlier). If you want to trust what Badger fans and coaches say about our coaches, go ahead. I won't.

"Not one single fan, assistant coach, administrator, head coach or reporter of or from the University of Illinois, Nebraska, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Ohio State, Indiana, Michigan or Michigan State wants PJ Fleck to stay here. He is their worst fear."

There you go....

Don't you have some drunks to complain about?

"Not one single fan, assistant coach, administrator, head coach or reporter of or from the University of Illinois, Nebraska, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Ohio State, Indiana, Michigan or Michigan State wants PJ Fleck to stay here. He is their worst fear."

There you go....

So when one does speak up, like the Purdue guy, you believe him? My point was that I would automatically not believe such a comment about him knowing what Fleck is likely to do. His bias is anti Fleck.

Top Bottom