Can someone explain….

Bigk

Reaction score
Why we seem to be moving so slow with getting transfers from the portal. Jade Demps just transfered to LSU . Not that we were going to recruit her, but I’m personally surprised that we haven’t added to the roster yet. I do think we made a great hire, but am a bit confused.

The coaching staff isn't even fully assembled yet...I wouldn't get concerned until players that we really need (Gomillion) start going somewhere else.

I really hope we don't become a mercenary portal school, my enjoyment of college athletics comes from watching the athletes develop for four years and getting to know them.

So, hit the portal for absolute needs. In the case of Minnesota: 2 L/DS and an MB. Minatee looked very good in the All American game so a backup MB might be enough.

Also, for the record, Elise McGhie and Arica Davis transferred in during the third week of January last year. And Nya Gros joined the team in May.

No doubt they've already been targeting Murr and Gomillion, from the day Cook was hired. We should be in the running, I would think.

I don't know the rules of if they are allowed to approach/talk to players if they are in the portal, or not until they choose to reach out, or not until they select a school? Hopefully the first one.

No doubt they've already been targeting Murr and Gomillion, from the day Cook was hired. We should be in the running, I would think.

I don't know the rules of if they are allowed to approach/talk to players if they are in the portal, or not until they choose to reach out, or not until they select a school? Hopefully the first one.
I believe players entering the portal can specify 'do not contact', as Wenaas was reported to have done. Presumably, these players have a pretty clear idea of where they are going. If they don't specify 'do not contact', I believe any coach can contact.

I believe Murr is planning to finish up some degree work at OSU during the spring semester, so she would be a later add, if she came here.

I would think MN would be a desired destination for a Libero who wants playing time.

Murr I have heard need a Spring semester to graduate. She won’t leave until then

I too am no expert on recruiting. However, in all reality I do believe this transition of Head Coaches is going to take a major hit for 2023. The U of MN and I am sure HC KCook want to get this right by hiring Assistants that are going to help REBUILD THIS PROGRAM.

Obvsiously, Pedro Mendes, played a huge role in developing our middle game this past season If he has decided to remain in the USA with his family, he more than likely is seeking a PAID VOLLEYBALL COACHING POSITION. I really can't say for sure, but I would think it would have been solidfied by now, if he was staying.

In all honesty, I never saw a lot of OnCourt interaction with Pedro and Hugh, so I am not all that surprised we have not seen him hired. I find it interesting and I have always watched players/coaches in matches during the time outs.

The coaching staff isn't even fully assembled yet...I wouldn't get concerned until players that we really need (Gomillion) start going somewhere else.

I really hope we don't become a mercenary portal school, my enjoyment of college athletics comes from watching the athletes develop for four years and getting to know them.

So, hit the portal for absolute needs. In the case of Minnesota: 2 L/DS and an MB. Minatee looked very good in the All American game so a backup MB might be enough.
Perhaps one L/DS, I'd love to see us try to transition Elise

Top Bottom