Can Gophers crack top 11 in B1G recruiting?

dinkything

Reaction score
Been somewhat removed from the computer lately, but just checked out Scout, Rivals, ESPN and 247. Looks like Minnesota is dead last on every college football recruiting service, as of 1/31/13.

Any chance we can get out of the Big Ten recruiting cellar in the next 5-6 days?

We have four offers to give, so depending on who signs and possible decommits from other teams, anywhere from 9th to 12th is possible.

Part of how Scout ranks teams is by number of recruits. If we had a 26 player class like Illinois we wouldn't be all that far off from the top 6. They give points per player, so the more players you are recruiting, the higher your team point total.

I'm not saying our current recruiting class looks awesome on paper, but it's probably not nearly as bad as you are trying to paint it.

Because the entire recruiting ranking system is rigged! Go Gophers!!

Someone put a fork in this thread! How about because the same or similar topic is being discussed in the MN kids thread that was started by dinkythings alter ego 3399. I think we have the point by now that many do not think Kill's recruiting is up to their standards. It is too early to tell about this class and Kill's recruiting overall. I think in 1-2 years more we may be able to get an indication.

Scout ranks the Top 25 kids per class. Rivals the Top 20. We've a small class, so don't look for a leap of faith men. To show you are wishy-washy the rating system. ESPN ranks James Myrick our top recruit. Both Rivals and Scout give him 2 stars. Listening to Lemming on Sirius College Football, he said that except for the Big 3 ( Michigan,Ohio State,Nebraska) the other classes were pretty even. He did say the Indiana class stands out. The Gophers will finish between 8-12 in the B1G.

I'd be more interested in us trying to crack the top half of the conference in the standings one of the next two years.

Top Bottom