Camp Randall Stadium Renovations

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Apparently they're renovating one end of the stadium into a sort of club level thing.

60a546e70fac2.image.jpg

Kinda sad as I think the seats on that end that go right up to the building behind it are kinda neat and iconic:

4bd49040-4ce6-489f-ab78-e149a41e0471-UW_MADISON_COVID_FOOTBALL_4.jpg

If they are going to ruin the only architecturally interesting thing about this viewless, generic bowl of bleachers can they at least install flush toilets?
Yes but I'm sure they're only for the club level folks.

Also wondering...does this reduce the seating capacity...hmmmnnn...

That stadium needs many more renovations, but I like that plan. I love to watch a game in end zone seats.

That stadium needs many more renovations, but I like that plan. I love to watch a game in end zone seats.
Maybe a hint of sarcasm here...?

Have come to prefer upper decks toward midfield over the years. Have made it to the 45 yard line at TCF. Really easy to follow play progression at the line of scrimmage from the height and angle.

Was in the corner end zone all the way across from the pirate ship at Tampa Stadium. Seemed like all the action during the game was at the opposite end of the field. Relied on the reaction of the refs more often than not to fully comprehend the result of the play. Fun game nonetheless but next time will buy on the open market to have better control of where we end up seat-wise.

Maybe a hint of sarcasm here...?

Have come to prefer upper decks toward midfield over the years. Have made it to the 45 yard line at TCF. Really easy to follow play progression at the line of scrimmage from the height and angle.

Was in the corner end zone all the way across from the pirate ship at Tampa Stadium. Seemed like all the action during the game was at the opposite end of the field. Relied on the reaction of the refs more often than not to fully comprehend the result of the play. Fun game nonetheless but next time will buy on the open market to have better control of where we end up seat-wise.
No sarcasm at all. I do like end zone seats.

Remember when those were the cheapest seats in the place. On cold days tho it was nice walking up into the warm field house.

No sarcasm at all. I do like end zone seats.
Same here. My only gripe when TCF was built was there were not any good end zone seats available to the general public. In my perfect world I would be about 20 rows up right behind the field goal post.

I have been to Camp Randall three times and had a blast all three times. It is a fun game-day experience.

I like the idea. I have no interest in going to a game and sitting in a seat. If I'm not by the aisle, then I have to bother people when I get up to go to the bathroom, or people have to bother me if I'm the one by the aisle. I don't know how much tickets are for TCF, but I'd easily pay $100 or more to be in a standing-only bar/club type area where I can walk around and talk with different friends, see the game on a nice TV in case the action is on the other end of the field, etc. Doing that for a PSU or tOSU or WI game, I'd pay $300.

Same here. My only gripe when TCF was built was there were not any good end zone seats available to the general public. In my perfect world I would be about 20 rows up right behind the field goal post.

I have been to Camp Randall three times and had a blast all three times. It is a fun game-day experience.
Well if they ever were to actually redo the student section to all lower level on that end zone side, you'd have that chance.

Been there 7 times. It is a fun atmosphere, but the stadium is by no means nice. From a pure watching experience, TCF is better hands down.

I've sat in the fieldhouse end zone seats one time. I think the renovation will make it much more pleasant for sure. Probably somewhat similar to the change to the north end zone at Kinnick.

RE End Zone seat view: I had them for season tix at the dome. Now I'm in the corner at TCF, 117. I don't think the view is that much better from the corner, but I like the corners at TCF as they seem to have a lot more leg room. I don't mind end zone seats; they're nice for watching some plays develop. I think it can depend on the game....if there was lots of action on your side, they're great, similar to the corner.

Section 246 Crew for life. Love being in the first couple rows corner upper deck. Not planning on moving ever!

Guess the Romans had it right all along with seating all around the Colliseum.

This was on an ancient Roman tablet...

1621526128125.png1621526149565.png1621526164253.png1621526177516.png1621526188449.png

Translates to: "Not a bad seat in the house."

H
Well if they ever were to actually redo the student section to all lower level on that end zone side, you'd have that chance.
honestly they should add one section in lower deck as student section and sell the whole upper deck end zone as general public seats

H

honestly they should add one section in lower deck as student section and sell the whole upper deck end zone as general public seats
Yeah as a few other GHers have suggested, they could grab each section on either side of the current lower level student section and do what you suggest, have that upper end zone be GA tickets for the public...

Section 246 Crew for life. Love being in the first couple rows corner upper deck. Not planning on moving ever!
NE corner in upper deck eight rows up for me...love the view, access, and being close to all the wanted/needed amenities. Enough regulars year after year to connect with but also like the ST holders that rotate in (and some who rotate out, if you know what I mean).

I have been in both venues multiple times and TCF is by far more fan friendly in the space between the rows, the seats and the concourses.
The 20 yard seats at Camp Randall ,if you are fartherup, are better viewing than TCF because of the increase in height.
CR seats are more crowded, the steps are very steep and they are finally putting in riailings.
But the game day experience at CR from walking to the stadium to being present for the game is far better at CR.

Top Bottom