Cam Wiley in transfer portal

Mods plz combine with the other thread or delete. Thanks

Not shocked. I was hoping he'd wait until the end of the year. Could be a very ugly situation if we have another injury to that room

That sucks. Not understanding this and the other recent entry as far as the timing, but good luck to him.

Not shocked. I was hoping he'd wait until the end of the year. Could be a very ugly situation if we have another injury to that room
Maybe, but I don't think so. We had four players getting carries vs Neb. If we can keep spreading it around like that -- which includes Kramer -- I think we'll be fine.

Given the turf monsters out there might as well wait until end of season and see if opportunity arises. Then again, winter is coming.

Competition has casualties. I wish him the best of luck.

He can still change his mind between now and the rest of the season. I hope that we don't have to worry about a thinning RB Room due to injuries.

Key injuries has exacted its toll.

Given the turf monsters out there might as well wait until end of season and see if opportunity arises. Then again, winter is coming.
Would have been nice to have him stick around from a depth standpoint but he clearly was buried well behind Williams, Irving, and Thomas so the likelihood of him getting much action over the remainder of the season was pretty low.

Coaches probably wanted him to consider a position change and he is probably set on being a RB, so a transfer makes sense.

I have a feeling we will be seeing more and more disgruntled Gophers leave the program. Somehow we need to see our #2 and #3 QB in action. We sure don’t want to look like Penn State when their #2 QB was forced into action with only 5 reps during the week. Still hard to stomach players quitting on their brothers.

I have a feeling we will be seeing more and more disgruntled Gophers leave the program. Somehow we need to see our #2 and #3 QB in action. We sure don’t want to look like Penn State when their #2 QB was forced into action with only 5 reps during the week. Still hard to stomach players quitting on their brothers.
If Morgan went down, why would it not be Kramer coming in to run the whole show?

Cam is a good athlete in search of the right spot to shine. Seems to be a good, solid kid, too. I think PJ liked him and his potential--built him up often in the press before 2020 and 2021 seasons. But he just wasn't a natural RB. Safety or WR might have been a better fit for his talents. Maybe a fresh start and a fresh evaluation of his athletic strengths will be a big benefit for him. Why now? Getting a jump on season-end portal entries? Maybe W/O Kendall Moore was pressing (or passing) him? Truly sorry to see him go, but probably best for Cam and the team, if Cam has checked out ... and/or the team was moving past him. The way the portal and transfers work, I don't think that a mid-season transfer necessarily means one is "quitting" on teammates ... it is a different world now.

If Morgan went down, why would it not be Kramer coming in to run the whole show?
I think it would be ZA if Morgan went down for a long stretch, Kramer seems to have taken the Seth Green role. Have to imagine ZA, Kramer and Athan are the three horses that will be competing for the QB 1 job next year

I think it would be ZA if Morgan went down for a long stretch, Kramer seems to have taken the Seth Green role. Have to imagine ZA, Kramer and Athan are the three horses that will be competing for the QB 1 job next year
Does Clark transfer in this scenario or do you see him as behind these three?

Why would you immediately assume he was "disgruntled"? Assuming you dated before, did you marry the first girl you ever kissed? Relationships change. Circumstances change. Sometimes one or the other wants to go in a different direction. It happens - a lot.

According to his bio, Wiley sat out his junior year of high school because of transferring. Clearly this is not his first rodeo. While I wish him the best, I do think it reflects poorly on a person's ability to handle adversity to quit in the middle of a season. Having said that, most young men under the age of 25 are not exactly known for their world-class impulse control. Hopefully he finds what he is looking for someplace else.

Does Clark transfer in this scenario or do you see him as behind these three?
Not trying to be a dick at all ... but I'm just surprised Clark hasn't already transferred.

He's a classic, tall, pocket passer. I don't think that "works" well with our system here. I'm surprised we recruited him, to be frankly.

I wild guess he'll try to win the job in spring, and if that doesn't happen, he's out.

That sucks. Not understanding this and the other recent entry as far as the timing, but good luck to him.
Yep, at a minimum, he is an injury away from PT on a team that could be contending for the BTW. At a maximum, he could find another niche that makes him more valuable (returning kicks, he's fast enough and big enough to be on kick coverage, etc.).

That said, I do get it. He wants playing time and these things happen with deeper rosters.

I wish him all the best.

Darn. That’s too bad.

I hope he finds a great landing spot where he can be successful.

Fleck's job in creating an elite program is to find someone better than you. His players job is to become the best man you can be. Sometimes in being the better man you learn about who you really are. Being a man is accepting your strengths and weaknesses and putting yourself in the best position for success. I have no doubt these are the types of conversations Fleck has with these young men. If they want football success you sometimes need opportunity and if that opportunity is not with this team, than let us help you find another. No hard feelings, just the nature of life and this game.

That was a quick move..... Best of luck to Cam.

Why are these guy pulling the plug mid-season? I understand human nature and how things work, but it's disappointing to see multiple players who saw the field that are now pulling the plug half way through.

Is it an advantage to enter the portal the moment ASAP, the instant that you feel you are done??

How quickly is the transfer process completed, for them to be committed/accepted into a new program??

Just questions about the process....

This. Morgan has been very durable, but Id like to give our QBs some action. This was talked about before, PJ is not known for taking out Morgan even if we have a comfortable lead. Im surprised QBs havent entered their name in the portal yet

Why are these guy pulling the plug mid-season? I understand human nature and how things work, but it's disappointing to see multiple players who saw the field that are now pulling the plug half way through.

Is it an advantage to enter the portal the moment ASAP, the instant that you feel you are done??

How quickly is the transfer process completed, for them to be committed/accepted into a new program??

Just questions about the process....
I would think last years inability to really play/practice/being stuck inside has something to do with it

Hopefully, its best for the team and probably the player(assuming they want to play) if bottom of the depth chart guys transfer.

Top Bottom