Calling Mr. Wiggins

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Tuesday is signing day for Andrew Wiggins. In the spirit of a more interesting Gopher nonconference home schedule, let's send some positive mojo Andrew Wiggins' way.

Mr. Wiggins, it would be greatly obliged if you sign with FSU so that the Dec. 3 game at Williams Arena becomes much more than the usual "meh" Big Ten/ACC Challenge game. Slick Cal already has enough stud ball players for 2013-14. Leonard needs your help.

The insider info in Kentucky says he is going to Florida State. http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=187963100&mid=187963100&sid=888&style=2

--- I think FSU is the most likely team at this point based on what I have heard....however it is just a guess as I have no concrete info. My guess is a guess is a guess (if I keep saying guess, maybe when people talk about what I say they will stop saying I am "reporting" or "predicting" anything).

--- Why is that my guess? A number of things I cant yet get into and one I can...which was the host family of a player's tweet. Is this definitive? Of course not. Does it mean they "know?" Of course not and I said as such. Do I trust the vibes of those folks more than I do random internet message board sources...more often than not yes. But it is by no means definitive IF (and it is a big if) they even know what the decision will or may be.

--- Generally speaking by this time if it is going to be UK, the folks I talk to know. The only major recruitment that has gotten to this point without the Lexington folks "knowing" was Shabazz, and he of course picked UCLA. Could this be a first time? Of course it could...Wiggins has kept everything close to the vest. But when I am trying to harbor some GUESS out of little info, these are the few things I have to go on.

The most important line in that thread, straight from the mouth of the insider:

"I think FSU is the most likely team at this point based on what I have heard....however it is just a guess as I have no concrete info. My guess is a guess is a guess (if I keep saying guess, maybe when people talk about what I say they will stop saying I am "reporting" or "predicting" anything)."

If he commits to FSU, won't that make it tougher for us to, you know, win the game. People get so obsessed strength of schedule...a win is always better than loss. The good thing about being in the Big 10 is that we'll have plenty of tough games to measure ourselves with.

I hope he picks a random team that nobody was expecting ... like the Gophers!

If he commits to FSU, won't that make it tougher for us to, you know, win the game. People get so obsessed strength of schedule...a win is always better than loss. The good thing about being in the Big 10 is that we'll have plenty of tough games to measure ourselves with.

It makes it tougher, no doubt. I think people always think optimistically, though. Like, we still will win the game, but they also get to see a top flight player in action, so a win-win.

If your only goal is to make it to the tourney with a weak team, sure. If your expectation is go be over .500 in the big ten and win games in the tourney, you expect great competition in the non-conference season to prepare you. We should expect to be good enough to not care about 1 or 2 non-conf. losses.

I'd consider it a huge winn for college basketball if he picks FSU over the blue bloods. I read somewhere that he was signing at noon (I am assuming that would be eastern time zone considering Toronto and Huntington Prep/WV are in that zone). That means nowish.

I was hoping for Kentucky or Florida State. If he goes Kentucky, think of the struggle to come up with excuses when they lose.

Oh the Kentucky board has to be melting down. Off to read - they are good entertainment.

Kansas eh? Well he's going to get good coaching, but I don't think they are a national championship team.

I respect him more for not choosing Kentucky and will probably root for him now.

Recruiting brings out the best of Twitter:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.bloguin.com/runthefloor/2013-articles/may/do uchebags-of-twitter-vs-andrew-wiggins.html

Delete the space between the "do" and "uchebags"

My personal favorite: "Have fun with all the stupid hillbillies in Lawrence, Kansas @22wiggins You arent going to pull any hoes. I hope you tear your ACL's."

Seems reasonable LOL

Top Bottom