Calipari to Kentucky?

What is with the obsession of accusing/assuming that Calapari is breaking rules? I have no knowledge of any sort of investigation or rumors of rule breaking by him. I see no reason to always assume someone who is that successful is cheating. If he is, like you said, it will come out, but just because he is currently the best recruiter in the game doesn't mean it's done illegally. It could be, like everyone knows, but why are we assuming it is?

What is with the obsession of accusing/assuming that Calapari is breaking rules? I have no knowledge of any sort of investigation or rumors of rule breaking by him. I see no reason to always assume someone who is that successful is cheating. If he is, like you said, it will come out, but just because he is currently the best recruiter in the game doesn't mean it's done illegally. It could be, like everyone knows, but why are we assuming it is?

I think some of it pertains to the people he lets hang around his program - WorldWide Wes being one of the main ones. I had never heard of him but googled him and just the appearance of him being around any program should raise red flags. Not saying he's doing anything wrong but sometimes you just don't go there.

Looks like Calipari to Kentucky is official. Surprised this isn't on ESPN yet. The story has been up for 5 hours.

LINK

ESPN is reporting that Calipari has decided to "sleep" on the offer for the night, whatever that means. :confused:

Seems all but a done deal based on what all these national media folks are saying, but then again, its almost impossible to know for sure until somebody signs on the dotted line.

Maybe it is because Calipari's 95-96 team was forced to forfeit its four victories in the NCAA tournament and return $151,617 to the NCAA (its share of the tournament purse) as a penalty for using an ineligible player (Marcus Camby accepted gifts from an agent).

Maybe it is for doing shady things such as hiring Milt Wagner as Coordinator of Basketball Operations to land his son Dujuan Wagner.

The first half is something I've never heard of, and yes, that seems pretty dirty.

The second half is common practice in the NCAA, and whether it's ethical or not is up in the air, but it isn't considered dirty.

Top Bottom