Calipari continues to ooze class

He's good too, very good. Harrison Barnes good. I like T Jones.

so was tubby classless when he recruited Blue after he was committed to Bucky?????

This is funny. Which would you choose if you were a kid with an NBA dream? Obviously Kentucky. The "blame" has to rest equally with the kid and Cal... it's not like the kid hung up the phone, even though he was committed to Washington. You could almost argue that the kid would be more to "blame" (poor word, but still).

This is college basketball. It happens. And the Blue comparison isn't that off-base, in my opinion (from what I know of it), but I do imagine that the push was harder from Cal.

It's being reported as true by Kentucky fans but I don't have a link so take it for what it's worth.

Kentucky men's basketball team's GPA is the lowest in the SEC, by a significant margin. Their team GPA is 2.02 and that's with Kentucky fans saying that John Wall had a 3.6 GPA, which if true, certainly means there can't be many (if any) other players above 2.5.

That's a troubling GPA and with Slick Cal's strategy of signing one-and-dones, it could be a trend. It's a mockery to call most of them student-athletes.

It's being reported as true by Kentucky fans but I don't have a link so take it for what it's worth.

Kentucky men's basketball team's GPA is the lowest in the SEC, by a significant margin. Their team GPA is 2.02 and that's with Kentucky fans saying that John Wall had a 3.6 GPA, which if true, certainly means there can't be many (if any) other players above 2.5.

That's a troubling GPA and with Slick Cal's strategy of signing one-and-dones, it could be a trend. It's a mockery to call most of them student-athletes.

Amen.

Back to the original post, Coach Cal is not to blame for continuing to recruit this kid...its his frickin' job. This kid has yet to sign the LOI AND is willing to listen to what Kentucky has to say. The GPA issue is another story yet Coach Cal plays within the boundaries established by the NCAA who are the real crooks in all of this. Billion dollar TV deals and continuing to shelter their "cash cows" (USC and Alabama come to mind) is only good business. The NCAA and colleges use these kids for their own financial gain and the "we care about the kid" attitude is bogus. That is why I respect Tubby so much and also why I greatly respect what Coach K and Duke have done. Love them or hate them (I personally root against them), Duke does it the right way, graduates their kids and follows the rules.

"Its fall semester grades were the worst of all 20 UK athletic teams and the worst of any UK men's basketball team since spring 2002."

Hmm, who was the UK coach in 2002?

"Its fall semester grades were the worst of all 20 UK athletic teams and the worst of any UK men's basketball team since spring 2002."

Hmm, who was the UK coach in 2002?

4 Wildcats were booted off the team in 2002. Several left UK in mid semester witout dropping classes so they earned 0.0 GPA for that (spring 2002) semester, hence the low team GPA. But 2 seniors - Prince and Blevins - graduated.

http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2010/05/02/06/100502GPAcharts.source.prod_affiliate.79.pdf UK team GPA was over 3.0 in fall 2006 semester but it has dropped steadily since Tubby left UK in 2007.

Some kids perform poorly their first semester of college because they're unprepared for it emotionally or academically?!

I'm shocked.

Top Bottom