Cade McNamara to Iowa

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
The West looks to be getting better in a lot of places. Cade McNamara, who has played some really good QB for Michigan, is transferring to Iowa. Curses. Petras is graduating; back-up is transferring. Looks like McNamara gets the keys day one. Now Iowa will have a very able QB. Might not have great receivers, but always good to start with an excellent QB. PJ has got to keep improving the Gophers just to stand in place.

The West looks to be getting better in a lot of places. Cade McNamara, who has played some really good QB for Michigan, is transferring to Iowa. Curses. Petras is graduating; back-up is transferring. Looks like McNamara gets the keys day one. Now Iowa will have a very able QB. Might not have great receivers, but always good to start with an excellent QB. PJ has got to keep improving the Gophers just to stand in place.

Hopefully, we haven't already lost faith in Athan Kaliakmanis.

Decoldest Crawford, a Nebraska DB who got a nice NIL deal from a local HVAC company (match made in heaven!), has entered the transfer portal, too. Lot of turmoil in Lincoln at the moment.

All Brian Ferentz's offense needed was a Michigan second string QB to transfer to Iowa City. NOW the Iowegians have the spark they were lacking! The underrated Hawkeye offense will light it up in 2023. You just watch.
McNamara was first string for a while, including much of last year, when Michigan went to the playoffs. Doesn't make him great, but he's certainly a cut above chopped liver.

He was first string for a while, including much of last year, when Michigan went to the playoffs. Doesn't make him great, but he's certainly a cut above chopped liver.

Yes. I have no doubt about that.

I have doubts, though, that he'll be able to single-handedly turn Ferentz's moribund offense around.

Decoldest Crawford, a Nebraska DB who got a nice NIL deal from a local HVAC company (match made in heaven!), has entered the transfer portal, too. Lot of turmoil in Lincoln at the moment.
I kinda want him…

An average QB at Michigan goes somewhere with lesser RBs, OL and WR…sounds good to me.

15 TDs in 14 games. Well under 200ypg.

McNamara was first string for a while, including much of last year, when Michigan went to the playoffs. Doesn't make him great, but he's certainly a cut above chopped liver.
You called him excellent. Now he’s certainly a cut above chopped liver. Even you are losing faith in him.

I have doubts, though, that he'll be able to single-handedly turn Ferentz's moribund offense around.
He'll need a lot of help, I agree. But he is a better QB than Petras.

You called him excellent. Now he’s certainly a cut above chopped liver. Even you are losing faith in him.
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 9.17.13 PM.png
Snippet above is from a Detroit Newspaper. I think McNamara is a very good QB. He has accomplished a lot. His numbers are good for a team that runs almost as often as the Gophers do. He is way better than Petras. I'm glad so many GopherHolers think that McNamara isn't good. I hope they are right.

Not really sure how good this guy is, but we do need some pass rushers to make sure he isn't good.

This disappointed me at first, but then I remembered it's Iowa so it doesn't matter. We will go down to Iowa next year, have the better play on the field, and still lose.

So what difference does it make?

It seems his TE's always produced.

View attachment 22226
Snippet above is from a Detroit Newspaper. I think McNamara is a very good QB. He has accomplished a lot. His numbers are good for a team that runs almost as often as the Gophers do. He is way better than Petras. I'm glad so many GopherHolers think that McNamara isn't good. I hope they are right.
Those stats for 14 games are not very impressive. That’s all I’m saying.

Now they just need three WR's, four olineman and a new OC and they'll be cooking with fire

McNamara is better than Petras
Then again Petras Ruddock was better at Michigan than at Iowa IMO

Excellent? Lol

Kirk probably funded a $1million dollar NIL deal for McNamara just so he could justify keeping his son around. Having him at QB will draw some middling Blue blood WR transfer talent that is itching to start. They may actually have a descent offense next year, but with Brian at the helm they is only so far they can go.

I've seen Iowa fans mention a rumor that Brian Ferentz will be out soon.

All Brian Ferentz's offense needed was a Michigan second string QB to transfer to Iowa City. NOW the Iowegians have the spark they were lacking! The underrated Hawkeye offense will light it up in 2023. You just watch.
travis-detected.gif

Top Bottom