C. Joseph visit to UCONN

Reaction score
He visited last weekend didnt he? Has anyone heard or read anything on how this visit went? Haven't seen him commit anywhere so that is a good sign! I think UCONN is our biggest threat in landing him....

I don't think many people who cover UCONN are talking to much about anything other than the tragedy over there right now.

I don't think many people who cover UCONN are talking to much about anything other than the tragedy over there right now.

For those who may not know, a UConn football player was fatally stabbed at a party on campus Saturday night.

Storrs is not a dangerous area...

I've been there and lived in Hartford, West Hartford and East Hartford; all seedier. Having a huge student population in a small New England town is never a good idea. There is never much going on and crime rises up from the dust of boredom and teen angst.

West Hartford (where University of Hartford is located) is generally a quiet upper-middle class suburb until the students arrive each September and begin vandalizing lawn ornaments and golf courses. Storrs is no different; I was in Hartford when UConn won the tournament in 1999 and I remember cars being overturned, etc.

I don't know what relevance this has to the recent tragedy but I find it ironic that Storrs has a violent crime problem, like Hartford. Also, don't get my wrong, I had my share of fun as an angst ridden college youth, but no one got hurt!

Obviously I am not suggesting this is a situation the Gophers take advantage of, but an athlete's death on campus the week before/while/after (not sure when CJ was there) probably doesn't leave the best impression.

I was thinking the same thing. While I'm not celebrating a tragic death the timing certainly doesn't hurt Minnesota's chances. Imagine you're Mother Joseph thinking about sending your boy away to college. Stabbings a University where you know no one? Or in Tubby's steady hands where the older brother is already settled in and happy?

Will be interesting to hear how this impacted his trip as I believe he was there for the entire weekend. Sad sad story, will be interesting to hear what led to the incident.

It should not be a factor. Minnesota had a similar incodent a few years ago. It's just very sad for all concerned.

Top Bottom