BYU vs. Washington a Possibility Now?

Iceland12

Reaction score
BYU came in at #14 in the CFP Rankings. Their schedule doesn't give them much of a chance of moving-up far enough to get into a New Year's Day Bowl. Beating the Washington Huskies just might. Might find out by Thanksgiving.

Send Wisconsin to play BYU, so they can lose again to them.
Nebraska already tried to schedule a non-conf to replace the lost Wisc game, and the Big Ten shut them down.

I don't think Big Ten has announced that they're allowing non-conf games to happen. Doubt they will, with midwest being hit so hard by the pandemic.

Cincy at #7 is "close, yet so far away". Don't see any of the teams above them losing a game the rest of the year, except Notre Dame - Clemson in ACC champ and Florida - Alabama in SEC champ. They'd just swap positions amongst themselves in the top 6, anyhow.

Nebraska already tried to schedule a non-conf to replace the lost Wisc game, and the Big Ten shut them down.

I don't think Big Ten has announced that they're allowing non-conf games to happen. Doubt they will, with midwest being hit so hard by the pandemic.

Pretty sure fmlizard was trying to be funny. It worked for me. ;)

Just looked and found this:

A logical opponent for the Huskies was undefeated BYU, a team that is looking to boost its College Football Playoff resume — especially after coming in at No. 14 in the first CFP rankings on Tuesday night.

BYU won’t have that shot, however, because Washington will now be playing another Pac-12 team: Utah. The Utes were scheduled to play Arizona State, but ASU’s lingering virus issues caused the conference to cancel that game. Now the Utes will travel to Seattle to play the Huskies on Saturday night.

Just looked and found this:

A logical opponent for the Huskies was undefeated BYU, a team that is looking to boost its College Football Playoff resume — especially after coming in at No. 14 in the first CFP rankings on Tuesday night.

BYU won’t have that shot, however, because Washington will now be playing another Pac-12 team: Utah. The Utes were scheduled to play Arizona State, but ASU’s lingering virus issues caused the conference to cancel that game. Now the Utes will travel to Seattle to play the Huskies on Saturday night.

That was in the PAC's updated rules/guidelines. The PAC team had to take another PAC team over a non-conf.

TBH, Wisc vs. BYU would be a great matchup. I just don't see the Big Ten allowing it, but you never know.

That was in the PAC's updated rules/guidelines. The PAC team had to take another PAC team over a non-conf.

TBH, Wisc vs. BYU would be a great matchup. I just don't see the Big Ten allowing it, but you never know.

Yep. That's what BYU fans were saying all along. They said the Cougars shouldn't sign the contract before Thursday because if another PAC-12 team became available they'd be dumped, contract or not.

To Washington's credit they really didn't come out and say "BYU is being cowardly!" They knew the circumstances created by the Pac 12 rules.

Top Bottom