bye week discussion-Redshirt Freshman

goldgopher

Reaction score
Since we don't have an opponent this coming week due to the bye I thought I would bring up the topic of the freshman that are redshirting this year. Anyone have some information on how they have looked in practice. I know Edwards sounded like he would get playing time until he got hurt. What about the big TE Wozniak, or the OL Mayes, or Laster at Linebacker, or Peppers and Salzwedel on the defensive line to name a few. I know the staff was excited about the athleticism of the class but commented that many of them needed to add weight and strength before they would be ready to play.

Since we don't have an opponent this coming week due to the bye I thought I would bring up the topic of the freshman that are redshirting this year. Anyone have some information on how they have looked in practice. I know Edwards sounded like he would get playing time until he got hurt. What about the big TE Wozniak, or the OL Mayes, or Laster at Linebacker, or Peppers and Salzwedel on the defensive line to name a few. I know the staff was excited about the athleticism of the class but commented that many of them needed to add weight and strength before they would be ready to play.

Good question. I am afraid though we are going to have wait until the bowl game and spring practice to get more information. Kill is hesitant to say too much about them but I do remember coach Kill talking about how helpful the bowl game practices were for freshmen. Hopefully he will have some comments again this year about their progress.

Top Bottom