Buford??

Doc1001

Reaction score
I dont think he was in for one play last week. I think he is one heckuva DB. Wonder what the deal was with that??

He's listed on this week's depth chart, opposite Shenault as backup corners. Hopefully he sees the field. He has been mentioned positively several times by Claeys going back to Spring practice.

He'll play eventually. Myrick and Hardin are our top two CB's and both played pretty well on Thursday. Ideally Buford sees some time on Saturday during a blowout.

He'll play eventually. Myrick and Hardin are our top two CB's and both played pretty well on Thursday. Ideally Buford sees some time on Saturday during a blowout.

I felt like they were beat a lot. Especially Myrick.

In today's game, the other team is going to complete some passes - no matter who you're playing. I thought for the most part, the Gopher DB's did a good job of containing receivers after the catch and limiting big plays. if the other team can make enough plays to drive 70 or 80 yards for a score, then hats off to them - they did their job. Playing DB is a thankless job - every mistake is out there for everyone to see. If a lineman misses a block, or a WR runs the wrong route, we might not see it or realize what happened. But when a DB blows a coverage, it's usually a big play or TD for the opponents.

He's a redshirt freshman, give him time, he's going to play a lot of football when all is said and done.

Myrick was picked at least once on a crossing route and his man went for a long gain. Not really his fault.

Maybe we should try to incorporate more (legal) picks.

Myrick gave up 2 completions and was targeted about 8 times.. I thought he played fantastic.

Myrick gave up 2 completions and was targeted about 8 times.. I thought he played fantastic.

I thought so too. Most of their passing yards seemed to come from screen passes or them picking on Ayinde.

I dont think he was in for one play last week. I think he is one heckuva DB. Wonder what the deal was with that??

I know that Hardin and Ayide did fairly well last year and apparently in camp, but I expected to see Buford, Dior Johnson and Ace Rogers move into the mix. Clearly Ace Rogers is not fully healthy yet, which explains why we did not see him last week.

Top Bottom