Buffs - Coach Prime

Nebraska is going to get murdered next week.

I don't mind that people call him Coach Prime.
I don't like that he forced players to transfer, but he is doing what he's being paid to do, win games. Hats off.
I got my mortal kick for next week.

I don’t care that he won, and the adoring factions will likely rank them next week, what he did by telling 50+ scholarship athletes to get lost was wrong. In the end, win at all costs in college athletics will blow up… dirt will eventually come to the surface.
So instead of bringing an upgrade at just about every position he should’ve coddled the players that just had an abysmal 1-11 year?

Harsh? Sure. But I don’t understand those who hate Deion for overhauling the roster within the rules of today’s NCAA.

Edit to add: I understand the argument that telling college kids “transfer or get dropped” is pretty screwed up. Unfortunately, these aren’t guys that Deion made any sort of promise to. The CU administration knew who they were bringing in- if anyone failed those kids, it’s them.

Last edited:

With Little Prime throwing 50 times who they gonna tackle.
Well see. The system is all about YAC. TCU was horrible tackling the WRs all day (as was Colorado)

Still don't know why so many out here doubted what Sanders could do. He put together a great staff and they got the talent together as a team. Classic Big 12 game with no defense. Will be fun watching them against Nebby next week.
Well not gonna lie, I doubted him and still don’t respect his methods, but that’s his choice. Most of the talent was unproven at the P5 level. 2 of the top WRs were okay at South Florida, the rb was a four star true frosh. I think we all knew Hunter would be fine. But it’s not like he brought in Caleb Williams and Jordan Addison guys that were proven P5 stars.

So instead of bringing an upgrade at just about every position he should’ve coddled the players that just had an abysmal 1-11 year?

Harsh? Sure. But I don’t understand those who hate Deion for overhauling the roster within the rules of today’s NCAA.
It’s not PRO sports yet. The players he blew off worked their entire lives to earn that scholarship. To me what he did epitomizes the WORST in amateur athletics.

News we will hear all week. The runner-up #2 team last season, now ranked #17, is upset by Deion Sanders's Colorado team.

1693686714250.png

But…would you still not like it if after a Gopher 1 win season Prime came rolling into Mpls with 4/5* recruits and told MN players to transfer?
Unfortunately, it would still be ethically wrong.

It’s not PRO sports yet. The players he blew off worked their entire lives to earn that scholarship. To me what he did epitomizes the WORST in amateur athletics.
My point is- blame the NCAA. They clearly could care less about the athletes who aren’t at the top of the sport.

The unfortunate reality is that it’s now going to be damn near impossible for a coach to be successful the “old fashioned” way. Especially one who’s taking over the worst team in P5. That’s the world the NCAA has created.

My point is- blame the NCAA. They clearly could care less about the athletes who aren’t at the top of the sport.

The unfortunate reality is that it’s now going to be damn near impossible for a coach to be successful the “old fashioned” way. Especially one who’s taking over the worst team in P5. That’s the world the NCAA has created.
I get it.. The game is passing me by, but it’s still the best.. I want the B1G to be 10 teams… I want all the games to start at 1 pm. I want Julian Pearlt manning the PA system, AND $1 hot dogs… 😎

My guess is TCU was overrated but it is still an impressive win for Colorado. I think it is a pretty safe bet that Sanders will win at Colorado because he will be able to buy talent and my guess is there won't be much emphasis on that whole student part of student athlete.

What will be interesting to see is if he gets busted for violations at some point, my assumption is that he will eventually because I don't think he his overly concerned about following the rules. Just my take on it though, who knows.

My guess is TCU was overrated but it is still an impressive win for Colorado. I think it is a pretty safe bet that Sanders will win at Colorado because he will be able to buy talent and my guess is there won't be much emphasis on that whole student part of student athlete.

What will be interesting to see is if he gets busted for violations at some point, my assumption is that he will eventually because I don't think he his overly concerned about following the rules. Just my take on it though, who knows.

CU is not too far off from the U in academics. Are you implying their players won't have to attend general student population classes?

And by "buy players"...do you mean like 75% of the P5 programs are currently doing?

I do not think he will be at Colorado for long if he wins.

Lots of crow being eaten today. LOL.

Sanders was a great hire. Hired a first class staff and was able to instantly attract top tier talent. The players he "ran off" could have kept their scholarship, but nobody should be guaranteed playing time.

Hate the game, don’t hate the playa

Well see. The system is all about YAC. TCU was horrible tackling the WRs all day (as was Colorado)
Exactly. Tackling was a huge issue in this game, despite Colorado throwing 50 times.

Rooting for The Buffs all season except next week. Go Huskers. It will make our little baby Gophers look good if Nebraska somehow beats the Buffs

Nebraska was 8.5 point favorites -- now 2.5 point favorites.

How about the two way athlete? 135 snaps in 100+ degree weather. Eleven catches, an interception, ran down the TCU guy about to score a TD. Urban Meyers thought it was the greatest performance he has ever seen. Post game the student athlete appeared to be a very normal guy; wasn't even breathing hard.

How about the two way athlete? 135 snaps in 100+ degree weather. Eleven catches, an interception, ran down the TCU guy about to score a TD. Urban Meyers thought it was the greatest performance he has ever seen. Post game the student athlete appeared to be a very normal guy; wasn't even breathing hard.
Also the incredible interception on the 5 where he laid out for it as TCU was going in for the score.

He was the #1 overall recruit in his class and when he originally committed to Jackson State.

Top Bottom