Bucs Divisional Hype Video narrated by Antoine Winfield Jr.

We’ve all seen Tampa Bay’s “rowing” celebration, but I didn’t realize how big it was for their defense. Awesome to see how much of a leader AWJr is in just his second year.

Last edited:

I wonder how many of the fans know the origins of RTB. Cool to see our culture carry into the big leagues

Let's get that booty, Bucs!

This is the part where I would show a pic of me in my AWJr jersey, but FedEx sadly delayed it. It was cool that he's one of 4 Bucs players NFL Shop had an authentic jersey for. I figure now that I'm settling in Tampa Bay I can root for our Gophers again!

Fun to hear non-Gophers in the NFL (old vet Jason Pierre-Paul) saying stuff like "I'm gonna row the boat on they ass"

Is this in fact a culture carry over from Gopher football? Or, does it stand on its own as Buccaneers and Pirate ships? Maybe some of both?

Is this in fact a culture carry over from Gopher football? Or, does it stand on its own as Buccaneers and Pirate ships? Maybe some of both?

It helps thematically that it's the team with the pirate ship in the end zone (not sure the Eagles or the Rams would have done this), but it's not something the Bucs have traditionally done. The rowing celebrations and rowing hype video and all are something AWJr and Tyler Johnson brought to Tampa.

As others mentioned it's pretty impressive influence-wise that a couple of 2nd year guys have salty old non-Gopher vets like Jason Pierre-Paul talking about rowing the boat.

Pretty dumb of the Vikings not to take him. They essentially didn’t take him because they had Harrison smith and Anthony Harris. Took a corner instead.

issue being that Winfield is probably a better corner than who they drafted. We don’t have Harris anymore, and smith is overpaid and over the hill.

oops

Vikings a victim of not realizing they needed a rebuild until 3 years too late

Pretty dumb of the Vikings not to take him. They essentially didn’t take him because they had Harrison smith and Anthony Harris. Took a corner instead.

issue being that Winfield is probably a better corner than who they drafted. We don’t have Harris anymore, and smith is overpaid and over the hill.

oops

Well the guy they drafted instead of him is likely going to prison

oops

Winfield is much better off right where he is with good coaches, teammates, and weather. Glad he and TJ are playing 50 miles down the road so I never miss a game. Can only hope the Bucs take further advantage of this next Gopher draft bonanza.

Winfield is much better off right where he is with good coaches, teammates, and weather. Glad he and TJ are playing 50 miles down the road so I never miss a game. Can only hope the Bucs take further advantage of this next Gopher draft bonanza.
Much better for them in Tampa

as a Vikings fan I hope the next regime sees reality better

You can actually Row The Boat today in Tampa (but it’s better in St Pete)

As others have said....it fits with the Bucs theme....but they never used it as a saying or a celebration until Winfield came to the team last year. Little doubt that he brought it with him and the Bucs players bought in.

If ever there was a team where the RTB mantra fit perfectly...

When his playing days are done Winfield is going to have a long career as a broadcaster.

Awesome to see him becoming a superstar in the NFL.

Sure looks like AWjr forced and recovered the fumble here. Would be HUGE for the Bucs. Already down 20-3 with the Rams knocking on the door with just seconds going into half.

Should be overturned and given to the Bucs.

Sure looks like AWjr forced and recovered the fumble here. Would be HUGE for the Bucs. Already down 20-3 with the Rams knocking on the door with just seconds going into half.

Should be overturned and given to the Bucs.
Yep. If Tampa somehow comes back the play by Winfield may be the one that saved the game for them. Rams are kicking butt right now though.

Let's get that booty, Bucs!

This is the part where I would show a pic of me in my AWJr jersey, but FedEx sadly delayed it. It was cool that he's one of 4 Bucs players NFL Shop had an authentic jersey for. I figure now that I'm settling in Tampa Bay I can root for our Gophers again!

Fun to hear non-Gophers in the NFL (old vet Jason Pierre-Paul) saying stuff like "I'm gonna row the boat on they ass"
We have a snow bird house in TB as well and I was telling a group of Buc's fans the origin of RTB. He's already a fan favorite with his instinct of always finding the ball as well as his sure tackling .

Winfield got burnt! He shouldn’t had been up at the line of scrimmage. Keep everyone in front of you! He def screwed up.

They ran the corner blitz and AWJ31 had primary coverage- hate to see him get beat .

Top Bottom