Buckeyes, Gophers, Football, Columbus.....

NuttyBuckeyes

Reaction score
So I guess we're playing you guys in the Horseshoe at night in November. Had no idea that would happen but I'll gladly take another night game and pay a high price to attend. Any of you Gophers making the trip to Columbus to take in the game? Night games + Horseshoe + High Street/ Lane Ave = Craziness!

We will make sure to have chocolate ice cream bars for your coach that ate one midgame last year....

Not "chocolate ice cream bars." Dilly bars.

Apparently the OSU game is the second of 3 straight Saturday night prime time games for us. New territory for sure. I imagine a few will go, but I personally have no desire to be surrounded by opposing fans in a game we're likely to lose.

Good luck on the season -- most of us enjoy watching OSU beat Wisconsin, Michigan, Pedo State and the SEC. I do wish y'all would quit trying to raid Minnesota and the Dakotas for players (Cornell, Schmidt, tried hard on Coughlin, probably some others I'm forgetting). You are able to pull in good prospects from just about anywhere, and it doesn't strengthen the conference when you just raid other regions of the Big Ten where the pickings are relatively slim to begin with. Go raid the south and northeast.

. Go raid the south and northeast.

I'm pretty sure they do that too.... They have a habit of taking good prospects from scUM and Pedo State as well. That being said, it was a privileged to be a fan of the team that best played you (other than Va Tech) all season, being a National Champion, and i'm quite certain most if not all Gopher fans rooted for tOSU to win it all once they were chosen to be in the playoffs. I know I was (not to mention rooting for you to spank sconnie 59-0). Here's to another very competitive game in Columbus and hopefully we see you in the B1G title game at the end of it all!

Not "chocolate ice cream bars." Dilly bars.

Apparently the OSU game is the second of 3 straight Saturday night prime time games for us. New territory for sure. I imagine a few will go, but I personally have no desire to be surrounded by opposing fans in a game we're likely to lose.

Good luck on the season -- most of us enjoy watching OSU beat Wisconsin, Michigan, Pedo State and the SEC. I do wish y'all would quit trying to raid Minnesota and the Dakotas for players (Cornell, Schmidt, tried hard on Coughlin, probably some others I'm forgetting). You are able to pull in good prospects from just about anywhere, and it doesn't strengthen the conference when you just raid other regions of the Big Ten where the pickings are relatively slim to begin with. Go raid the south and northeast.

Michigan, Ohio State and who's the third night game?

I'm sure you all took as much pleasure in 59-0 beat down of Bucky as we did to make a statement to the committee. It was a magical season that I was elated to watch and follow the team as an alum. Hoping this year we can repeat and if not go to the Rose Bowl....

As for raiding players, our staff has made it a mission to take the best out of Ohio and find the best talent elsewhere around the country to win. I didn't think we'd get Cornell because he was high on Michigan and Notre Dame but his relationship with Jerome Barker (Cleveland, OH) really pulled him in. We don't usually recruit Minnesota for players but when we do, they work out well for us like James Laurinaitis. However, I'll send a note to Meyer....:p

Didn't Minnesota just get a LB we were going after as well to commit to Minnesota?

Best of luck to the Gophers too and hoping that Kill can capitalize on his wins this season and win a bowl game. The Texas Tech and Syracuse loses were agonizing to watch...

NuttyBuckeyes,

We are making our Horseshoe debut for this game and I'm super pumped that it's a night game!! We have our flights and hotel booked. What will the ticket situation be like? We may end up buying through Minnesota, but I wouldn't mind trying to get better seats, unless the secondary market is crazy expensive.

Go Gophers!!

NuttyBuckeyes,

We are making our Horseshoe debut for this game and I'm super pumped that it's a night game!! We have our flights and hotel booked. What will the ticket situation be like? We may end up buying through Minnesota, but I wouldn't mind trying to get better seats, unless the secondary market is crazy expensive.

Go Gophers!!

Bleed, I know your question isn't directed at me, but this might help. My dad is MSU season-ticket holder, and they got their season-ticket renewal mailing recently. OSU is one of Sparty's road games this year, and Dad said the cost was $150 to order a ticket for the game in Columbus. Said it was the most expensive price he's ever seen for the opportunity to travel to a road game.

The third night game would be Iowa on BTN. The LB is Carter Coughlin a Gopher legacy recruit.

Michigan, Ohio State and who's the third night game?

I'm sure you all took as much pleasure in 59-0 beat down of Bucky as we did to make a statement to the committee. It was a magical season that I was elated to watch and follow the team as an alum. Hoping this year we can repeat and if not go to the Rose Bowl....

As for raiding players, our staff has made it a mission to take the best out of Ohio and find the best talent elsewhere around the country to win. I didn't think we'd get Cornell because he was high on Michigan and Notre Dame but his relationship with Jerome Barker (Cleveland, OH) really pulled him in. We don't usually recruit Minnesota for players but when we do, they work out well for us like James Laurinaitis. However, I'll send a note to Meyer....:p

Didn't Minnesota just get a LB we were going after as well to commit to Minnesota?

Best of luck to the Gophers too and hoping that Kill can capitalize on his wins this season and win a bowl game. The Texas Tech and Syracuse loses were agonizing to watch...

Iowa.

Bleed, I know your question isn't directed at me, but this might help. My dad is MSU season-ticket holder, and they got their season-ticket renewal mailing recently. OSU is one of Sparty's road games this year, and Dad said the cost was $150 to order a ticket for the game in Columbus. Said it was the most expensive price he's ever seen for the opportunity to travel to a road game.

Wow. That is pricey, especially for what I assume aren't great seats given it is the visitor section.

Thanks for the info.

Go Gophers!!

Wow. That is pricey, especially for what I assume aren't great seats given it is the visitor section.

Thanks for the info.

Go Gophers!!

I saw a 44-0 beatdown of the Gophers in 2006 in Columbus. Bought tickets through the U, and visitor section was in the open end of the shoe. Perspective-wise, actually pretty good seats. The seats were insanely small, however. I remember going in thinking how grand/big a 100k seat stadium was going to be. Well, it's not that difficult to get 100k seats if you make the seats tiny.

No go to Columbus for me this year; heading to Iowa City the next week. Got to pick your battles on games you can hit up when having kids, and figure the closer trip with the better chance of winning was a better option.

When I was there in 2000 & 2002, our seats were directly behind the end zone, closed end, down low. Don't know if the visitors section has changed at OSU, but they were definitely better than the up in the sticks seats that you get from going through the U when you go to Camp Randall. But, who knows if that has changed.

OSU may be a rough one, but don't turn the ball over and there's no reason the Gophers can't make it a game.

NuttyBuckeyes,

Go Gophers!!

As of now the face value tickets for the Minnesota game will be listed at $79 for public game single tickets. There is generally a day when individual tickets will go on sale for the public but no date has been listed as of now. I would either recommend going this route or through the university of Minnesota ticket system if you can over the secondary market. Also, when buying tickets I recommend you not get tickets in D deck or B deck due to view obstructions. Some B, C, A, AA, and AAA Decks are great seating to see the game without any views obstructed. The Minnesota visitor section will be in the right lower North Endzone if you would like to sit with the visiting fans....

Its only $150 because our athletic department is greedy. Every big game we play in undergoes huge price inflation to maximize profits through ticket sales. Michigan State is $150 and Penn State is $125. We've started doing this back in 2013 and it sucks because for some it's hard to justify spending that kind of money to go to a game at the Horseshoe. I rather spend $60 for ticket to a road game and get to see a new school and stadium in the Big Ten than go to a prime time home game.

Thought about it nuttybuckeye, but opt out for Fort Collins and Colorado State. Never been to Colorado except for layovers at the airport. Enjoyed the beat down of Becky. Love the fact they keep showing it on the BTN.

Thanks. Many of us feel like this is a sleeping giant program and that the modest recent success is just the beginning of what's to come under Kill. I'd be disappointed if we don't win the West next year. And two irritations I'd like to see end ASAP are a long losing streak to Wisconsin (11 games!) and a 7-game bowl losing streak. The bowl streak is just crazy -- 6 of them were close games choked away in the 4th quarter under 3 different coaches.

I'm going with a friend who is an OSU alum. Said friend also said he will gladly wear Minnesota gear and cheer on the Gophers because he hates most of the diehard OSU fans.

Top Bottom