Bubblicious Gopher Wish List (Monday)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Limited slate tonight. Perhaps if Notre Dame loses tonight the ESPN wonks will finally lay the Irish's at-large chances to rest. Doubt it, but we can always dream.

Monday's Wish List
1. Baylor over Texas (Longhorns are in a pretty safe position but a loss here could change that)
2. Villanova over Notre Dame (Irish hanging on & this is last chance for regular-season quality win)

God Bless the Irish but...

Limited slate tonight. Perhaps if Notre Dame loses tonight the ESPN wonks will finally lay the Irish's at-large chances to rest. Doubt it, but we can always dream.

Monday's Wish List
1. Baylor over Texas (Longhorns are in a pretty safe position but a loss here could change that)
2. Villanova over Notre Dame (Irish hanging on & this is last chance for regular-season quality win)

Exactly how many defeats does it take to kick notre dame to the curb (the NIT ) ???

Trick question--everyone knows it doesn't matter how many losses the Irish have they still might make the dance

Hey Youngstown Gopher

I see your squad got a home game for Tuesday's Horizon League 1st round. Good luck vs. UIC.

According to ESPN Notre Dame needs at least 112 losses, they're still on the bubble with 111:

tvtanline+-+0221-1921(TV3)%5B4%5D.jpg

I see your squad got a home game for Tuesday's Horizon League 1st round. Good luck vs. UIC.

Thanks SS....It's going to be tough to knock off the Flames of UIC 3 times in one year, but im excited for the home game. I'm hoping Minnesota takes care of business Wed, and Sat so I can root for my Penguins to win the HL and not worry about Butlers at large hurting us :D Boy what a two days it can be if YSU beats UIC, Iowa beats Ohio State (sorry but living in Ohio I can't stand the Buckeyes and their fans who make fun of me being a gophers fans at my local watering hole non stop), and a Minnesota victory over Wisconsin. I can't wait for Tuesday and Wednesday!!!! I LOVE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!!!

Here is also a little story on how I became a Gophers fan...i was a young kid going to school here in suburban Youngstown, Ohio and our school colors are maroon and gold. While I was watching the old show "COACH" one night and noticed the team in the game footage looked like my school's high school team....then my dad told me that was the Minnesota Gophers the footage...and I became a football fan for life. Up until about 3-4 years ago I used to follow Syracuse in big time hoops...but I can't root for a team that has Eric Devendorf on it, let alone a team that stands up for him after he hits a woman. As I started reading more and more on Gopherhole, and all the news pages from the Twin Cities I kept a roaming eye on the basketball stuff, and I started leaning more and more toward becoming a fan of the hoops team...then Tubby came and I was hooked. I gave all my old Syracuse stuff to Goodwill or threw it out...I even check to see how the Minnesota baseball and swim teams do...and on clear nights I can pick up the Gophers Hockey games on the radio :)

One would think...but I would think ND was done a while ago, but I guess not. Even when ND was down by 10+ with two minutes left, the announcers were talking about how you can't count ND out in the game. These ESPN guys just can't give up on them.

4 wins won't keep Georgetown out of the tourney either, CS.

Nice story, Youngstown Gopher

4 wins won't keep Georgetown out of the tourney either, CS.

I noticed that too, MM, but for some reason all the internet focus seemed to have been on Notre Dame's record. I've read in a couple different places about Notre Dame's record (I stole the picture from spartantailgate where they were having nearly the same discussion as this thread) but you're the first person I've seen comment on Georgetown's record.

Top Bottom