Bubblicious (do it yourself on Saturday Gophs) Wish List

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Let's just get to the point & say it was a very good night (all around) to be a Gopher fan. This will be the last Bubblicious report IF THE GOPHERS BEAT MICHIGAN on Saturday.

Wednesday's Good
1. GOPHERS over Wisconsin
2. Georgia over Kentucky (ouch, that's gotta' sting Big Blue Nation)
3. Georgia Tech over Miami-Florida
4. Mississippi State over Florida
5. North Carolina over Virginia Tech
6. NC State over Boston College
7. Southeastern Louisiana over McNeese State
8. UTEP over UAB

Wednesday's Bad
1. San Diego State over Colorado State
2. Texas A&M over Colorado
3. UNLV over Air Force

Thursday's Wish List
1. Bowling Green over Miami of Ohio, 6 p.m.
2. Saint Joseph's over Temple, 6 p.m. (CBSTV)
3. Tennessee over South Carolina, 6 p.m. (ESPN)
4. Villanova over Providence, 6 p.m. (ESPN2)
5. Illinois over Penn State, 8 p.m. (ESPN)
6. Xavier over Dayton, 8 p.m. (ESPN2)
7. Cal over Arizona, 9:30 p.m. (FCS)

Quick question, would Minnesota have the tie-breaker over Penn State for the #4 spot if they both finished 10-8? (I don't feel like looking it up!)

Does Northwestern over Purdue affect us all ? I didn't see on the " good " list.

"Would Minnesota have the tie-breaker over Penn State for the #4 spot if they both finished 10-8? (I don't feel like looking it up!) "

No. In a two-way tiebreaker vs. Penn State, Penn State would get it because they beat Michigan State.

"Does Northwestern over Purdue affect us all?"

Can look at it either way. IMO it probably helped us more than it hurt us because we have a win over Northwestern but not Purdue. Not to mention, we moved ahead of Purdue (#34) in terms of RPI ranking.

Quick question, would Minnesota have the tie-breaker over Penn State for the #4 spot if they both finished 10-8? (I don't feel like looking it up!)

I dont think that matters too much as we would both get a bye and play each other in the 4-5 game anyways. I think we are also in good position to get a bye with multiple team tiebreaking scenarios.

Good point. 4-5 is simply a matter of light or dark uniforms. Main thing is not having to play on Thursday with a chance to get a bad loss (Iowa or Indiana) at exactly the wrong time.

"Does Northwestern over Purdue affect us all?"

Can look at it either way. IMO it probably helped us more than it hurt us because we have a win over Northwestern but not Purdue. Not to mention, we moved ahead of Purdue (#34) in terms of RPI ranking.

I think the Purdue loss helps us in the tie-breaking situation because it moves Illinois up to the #2 seed. That helps us for tie-breaking purposes since we have a win over Illinois and not against Purdue. Ohio State has no wins against Illinois and a win against Purdue. So, should we tie with Ohio State we now move ahead of them with Illinois at #2.

So, I believe we now hold the tie-breaker over both OSU and Wis. PSU holds it on us. Had Purdue been the #2 seed then we only held the tie-breaker over Wis.

At least, I think I'm right in this.

Top Bottom