BTN's Tom Dienhart ranks top 50 Big Ten games of 2014

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dienhart:

15. Iowa at Minnesota, Nov. 8: In a bit of scheduling quirk, this will be Iowa’s fourth trip in five years to Minnesota. Iowa is 1-2 in its last three junkets to Minneapolis.

18. Minnesota at Nebraska, Nov. 22: Minnesota had lost 16 in a row to Nebraska before beating the Cornhuskers last year, 34-23, in the Twin Cities.

19. Minnesota at Wisconsin, Nov. 29: The Badgers have thoroughly dominated the Gophers of late, winning the last 10 meetings and 17 of 19.

22. Minnesota at Michigan, Sept. 27: The Wolverines have dominated this series, going 39-3 in the last 42 meetings. The Golden Gophers’ lone Little Brown Jug wins in that stretch have come in 1977, 1986 and 2005.

32. Ohio State at Minnesota, Nov. 15: Minnesota is 7-43 all-time vs. Ohio State, losing the last eight games and 24 of 25. The only Gophers’ win in that span was in 2000.

34. Minnesota at TCU, Sept. 13: Old pals Jerry Kill and Gary Patterson lock horns.

39. Northwestern at Minnesota, Oct. 11: The Golden Gophers stole one in Evanston last season, taking a 20-17 win.

http://btn.com/2014/07/15/dienhart-ranks-top-50-big-ten-games-of-2014/

Go Gophers!!

I admire Dienhart's willingness to do this as part of his job, but how can anyone sit down and rank 50 upcoming football games?

I admire Dienhart's willingness to do this as part of his job, but how can anyone sit down and rank 50 upcoming football games?

Agree and shocked that we are mentioned 7 times.

Agree and shocked that we are mentioned 7 times.

if you look at the schedule for this year, it's really not that surprising though when you look at the helmet school schedules. They don't play each other too often this year in the crossover games

I'm also looking forward to:

• B1G stadium restrooms ranked
  • Top 35 punts from 2013
  • B1G coaching staffs ranked on dancing ability
  • Top 50 tattoos

I'm also looking forward to: [*]B1G stadium restrooms ranked [*]Top 35 punts from 2013 [*]B1G coaching staffs ranked on dancing ability [*]Top 50 tattoos

I gotta think we wouldn't be rated very high on coaching staff dancing ability. Seem to be several country music fans on the staff.
Penn St would be my number 1. Young staff that prides itself on being hip.

Anything more then the first 3 or 4 weeks will change drastically. It's fine to speculate about what's worth watching in the first month or so but rating the entire season is worthless.

I'm also looking forward to:

• B1G stadium restrooms ranked
  • Top 35 punts from 2013
  • B1G coaching staffs ranked on dancing ability
  • Top 50 tattoos

Don't forget my personal favorite: Top 10 Turf Toe Injuries (or as I like to call them, TTI's).

Off-season blogging at its finest.

Top Bottom