BTN's Tom Dienhart: My top 10 Big Ten running backs for 2014 (Cobb #5)

I would put him higher. Abdullah is the best.

Cobb is not an elite back.

But he's a pure football player. My kind of guy.

Corey Clement, Ezekiel Elliott and maybe Derrick Green as well will be top 5 by the end of the season. Cobb i think will drop by the end of the season and i don't think he gets as many carries with our 4 other backs arriving or being healthy to start the season. Offensive line will be better though so maybe not.

Derrick green is a colossal, overweight bust at this point. Well see if he gets his head right.

Jeff jones>>Derrick Green and it isn't even close. We'll see about Wisconsin's running game this year. They had an all-galaxy year last year. Law of averages and changing personnel...

Derrick green is a colossal, overweight bust at this point. Well see if he gets his head right.

Jeff jones>>Derrick Green and it isn't even close. We'll see about Wisconsin's running game this year. They had an all-galaxy year last year. Law of averages and changing personnel...

Its not his fault. That O-line was absolutely atrocious last year and they had negative rushing yards against MSU and Nebraska. If he is overweight then what does that make Kirkwood and Williams?

If you're comparing 5 stah green to 2 star Williams, then yes I'll take that comparison.

Ask any honest umich fan. Green looks slow and slow-footed. Fat. Lazy.

If you want to elevate him to elite status b/c of what he did to high school competition rather than how he's actually performed then so be it.

Ill take cobb all day long over Derrick green. I'll take kirkwood. Anyone.

We had an above average run game despite a middling to below average o-line and a pathetic passing offense.

No excuses.

Derrick Green, High School vs. College:

unKVxPx.jpg

We'll agree to disagree. I think they'll be better this year and could be above average in Big Ten.

Michigan had two first team offensive lineman and some *cough* top recruits (there is a theme on this Michigan team) filling in the middle. Rittenberg still rated their line higher than ours despit them being "atrocious".

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/71426/b1g-postseason-position-rankings-ol

Michigan line was projected to be dominant this past year but underperformed. The whole team is being called soft including the crybaby Lewan. I hope we swagger into the big houe and punch them in the mouth. Hoke may not get a fifth year...

Derrick Green, High School vs. College:

unKVxPx.jpg

Are you suggesting Umich has a performance enhancing drug program?

Check out those thighs. The heat and friction created through locomotion must take 25% off his velocity and might get caught up squeezing through the hole. No wonder he falls down a lot after barely getting touched.

We'll agree to disagree. I think they'll be better this year and could be above average in Big Ten.

Michigan had two first team offensive lineman and some *cough* top recruits (there is a theme on this Michigan team) filling in the middle. Rittenberg still rated their line higher than ours despit them being "atrocious".

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/71426/b1g-postseason-position-rankings-ol

Michigan line was projected to be dominant this past year but underperformed. The whole team is being called soft including the crybaby Lewan. I hope we swagger into the big houe and punch them in the mouth. Hoke may not get a fifth year...

Uhm, okay except those were Rittenberg's rankings from the 2012 season. We had a better O-line then Michigan this year and we had probably a top 5 O-line in the conference. Michigan had a bottom 6 I would say and next year i would think we could have a top 3 line in the conference.

Uhm, okay except those were Rittenberg's rankings from the 2012 season. We had a better O-line then Michigan this year and we had probably a top 5 O-line in the conference. Michigan had a bottom 6 I would say and next year i would think we could have a top 3 line in the conference.

Crap, you're right. I need some new glasses ar stop drinking, could have sworn the date was 2014. Eating my humble pie.

I didn't see enough dominant performances this past year. A dominant offensive line should be able to get a great push, get the tough yards and that crucial first down when we need it. I never felt like we could line up against good defenses and do that consistently.

The preseason performance was downright embarrassing in the first several games and to their credit they did get better untill suffering some crucial injuries later in the season. The bowl game...uneven and that 4th quarter. So close.

I'm excited for the depth and size of this group going forward. We know coach Klein can get these guys strong with enough time in the program.

Top Bottom