BTN2GO

LakerFan

Reaction score
I'm 47 and a little technology challenged so if everyone else already figured this out, forgive me. I just downloaded the BTN2Go app on my phone last night and cast the Claeys press conference to my TV. Really cool. I'd recommend it highly. I also watched Kirk Ferentz's press conference (after losing to NDSU) just to watch him squirm :)

For the technology challenged, what's also neat is Google's Chromecast.

It's a $35 thingy (about the size and shape of one of those USB flash drives). If you have a spare HDMI port on the back of your TV, you're all set.

1) Install BTN2GO, WatchESPN, Netflix, HBO Now, a Chrome (browser) tab, etc on your phone or tablet. Any app that is supported by Chromecast. WatchESPN is good for those games on ESPN3 and ESPNNews.

2) Buy the Chromecast thingy and plug into your TV. Run through the on-TV installation.

3) When you're watching an app that is supported (on your phone, laptop or tablet), just press the icon on the player and viola! You're watching the game on your TV.

It's a $35 thingy (about the size and shape of one of those USB flash drives). If you have a spare HDMI port on the back of your TV, you're all set.

1) Install BTN2GO, WatchESPN, Netflix, HBO Now, a Chrome (browser) tab, etc on your phone or tablet. Any app that is supported by Chromecast. WatchESPN is good for those games on ESPN3 and ESPNNews.

2) Buy the Chromecast thingy and plug into your TV. Run through the on-TV installation.

3) When you're watching an app that is supported (on your phone, laptop or tablet), just press the icon on the player and viola! You're watching the game on your TV.

Yeah when BTN2Go picked up chromecast support it became 1000x more useful to me.

The kicker is you have to have a cable or dish subscription so you can properly sign into, and use the apps. Without that you can't watch the live streams.

As a bit of a rebel I am attempting the route of not paying for cable or dish. Works very well for shows etc because of netflix and hulu but live sports is tricky.

The kicker is you have to have a cable or dish subscription so you can properly sign into, and use the apps. Without that you can't watch the live streams.

As a bit of a rebel I am attempting the route of not paying for cable or dish. Works very well for shows etc because of netflix and hulu but live sports is tricky.

I don't believe the above is true if you have a smart TV. All the apps are available whether you have a TV subscription or not.

I don't believe the above is true if you have a smart TV. All the apps are available whether you have a TV subscription or not.

You can't watch anything worthwhile without a cable subscription.

Ah, my bad. I've been logged in with my friend's cable credentials for years. Forgot about that. Cool technology nonetheless.

Top Bottom