BTN will carry LIVE the press conference with Coach Claeys at 11 am ET/10am CT today

supadupafly

Reaction score
BTN/BTN2go will carry LIVE the presser with Coach Claeys at 11 am ET/10am CT today

FYI

BTN is playing the NW vs Penn st game right now? Where is this press conference?

Jay Sawvel has been taking over much of the DC work but they will wait until the end of the season to address the DC position
Most uncomfortable part of the job is the coat and tie. had to hurry go out and buy his suit coat he is wearing
Discussed his contract without and agent and there was no back and forth
He's comfortable with 3 years for the contract because no matter how many years you have on a contract if you have 3 bad years you are fired
Team had a great reaction, excited, big relief.
He told coach kill he is welcome anytime. can be there as an adviser. Talks to him 2-3 times a week and always will as a friend and a coach.

Coach Claeys answered everything well. I'm glad they finally got this deal done. Who knows what will happen after they hire an AD but I do truly believe for the immediate future of this program this was the right move.

Not surprised they are waiting on the assistants. Too much going on at this point, just easier to wait until the end of the season.

But that isn't out of the ordinary anyways, right? Aren't most assistant coaches contracts only a year or two?

Jay Sawvel has been taking over much of the DC work but they will wait until the end of the season to address the DC position
Most uncomfortable part of the job is the coat and tie. had to hurry go out and buy his suit coat he is wearing
Discussed his contract without and agent and there was no back and forth
He's comfortable with 3 years for the contract because no matter how many years you have on a contract if you have 3 bad years you are fired
Team had a great reaction, excited, big relief.
He told coach kill he is welcome anytime. can be there as an adviser. Talks to him 2-3 times a week and always will as a friend and a coach.

Coach Claeys answered everything well. I'm glad they finally got this deal done. Who knows what will happen after they hire an AD but I do truly believe for the immediate future of this program this was the right move.

I'm very glad to have Claeys as coach for now. Hopefully we'll be able to keep the entire incoming class, which is pretty good. Coach Kill can come in but only from 8am-12pm. Gotta take care of himself. GO GOPHERS

Not surprised they are waiting on the assistants. Too much going on at this point, just easier to wait until the end of the season.

But that isn't out of the ordinary anyways, right? Aren't most assistant coaches contracts only a year or two?

Yep, pretty standard. The only thing I thought that they might address is giving Sawvel a bump and a promotion to D Coordinator or Interim D Coordinator.

Very frustrating trying to watch on BTN. Clicked links several times, but never got it. Finally got it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wim15bTdxQg
Many thanks for this link! I thought Coach said all the right things - he will be a good fit here not only in terms of his football coaching skills but in terms of how he treats people.

Top Bottom