BTN Week 2 By the Numbers

MKE_Gopher

Reaction score
Interesting nugget about the Gophers:

"9th: The win over UNLV was Minnesota’s 9th since 2009 in which they had trailed at some point in the fourth quarter. That is the most in the nation in that span. Pretty amazing when you consider they’ve only won 13 games in that time period."

I had no idea that we had that many victories when trailing in the 4th.

It's implied, but crazy to think we've behind in the fourth quarter in 34 of our past 38 games. Very ouch.

I believe all six of our 2009 wins were of the "come from behind" variety, if I'm not mistaken, tho not necessarily the 4th Q. Thinking back, I think the 4 games we didn't trail in the 4th were v. Purdue and SDSU in '09, and then Miami and Illinois last year.

Since the Gophers have been in the new stadium, they have only had ONE GAME where they haven't trailed at all... Illinois last year. At least that is what my memory tells me after seeing a similar graphic during a game back in 2010 or so, and making a mental note of it each game since then when the Gophers trail in a game.

Since the Gophers have been in the new stadium, they have only had ONE GAME where they haven't trailed at all... Illinois last year. At least that is what my memory tells me after seeing a similar graphic during a game back in 2010 or so, and making a mental note of it each game since then when the Gophers trail in a game.

Amazing....to go 19 straight home games and not have a game in which you didn't trail at some point? Tack on another three games at the Dome and take it up to 22 straight home games (from a 17-6 win over IU in '08 to the pounding of Illinois last year) in which we trailed at some point during the game. And not many were of the 3-0 opening drive type, they were legitimate leads the other team had later into the game. That is just crazy to think about. I hope those days are shortly coming to an end....

and people wonder 'why don't the students attend the games?'

Top Bottom