BTN Q&A with Matt Limegrover; says Gillum can handle 22-25 carries/game

I would like to live in a world where James Gillum ran a 4.4 40.

I don't know what's more funny- the Lime Grover or the pissing match this thread has become.

An easy way to prove your point, Parski, would be to give evidence of such run happening. Unless you want to continue another one of these threads, of course.

dpodoll68 said:
Unbelievably wrong (and delusional/ignorant to common sense) >>>>>>>> Deal with it!

(P.S. People don't argue with me because I "never have a clue". It's because I'm almost always right, and people don't like being told when they're wrong. They often lash out when told/proven to be so. This thread being a perfect case study.)

You're "almost always right" ***LMAO*** OK - that has to go down as the #1 Gopherhole preposterous statement of the year so far!!

You're "almost always right" ***LMAO*** OK - that has to go down as the #1 Gopherhole preposterous statement of the year so far!!

There's only one way to settle this. James, if you're reading this, meet Parski and Dpo at the football complex tomorrow at 4:00. Parski will bring his stopwatch.

You might not like dpo's approach, but he is usually correct in his statements. The more you actually know about the specifics of the game of football and the way college football actually works, the more you appreciate what he has to say.

I appreciate him because he responds to uninformed opinions with informed facts and calls attention to the fact that buying tickets, supporting the GLC, or posting on an anonymous forum doesn't mean that you know what you are talking about.

To Be Named Later said:
You might not like dpo's approach, but he is usually correct in his statements. The more you actually know about the specifics of the game of football and the way college football actually works, the more you appreciate what he has to say.

I appreciate him because he responds to uninformed opinions with informed facts and calls attention to the fact that buying tickets, supporting the GLC, or posting on an anonymous forum doesn't mean that you know what you are talking about.

"Usually correct and informed facts" this is an attempt at sarcasm correct? Hope your not kissing butt. Ski-U-Mah TBNL!

John Galt said:
There's only one way to settle this. James, if you're reading this, meet Parski and Dpo at the football complex tomorrow at 4:00. Parski will bring his stopwatch.

I would loooove to see that! Then watch Mr. Gillum smack around DPO for insulting his 40 time.....oh, clock timed speed. Gotta love that part! : )

Watching Gillum smack around that Delta Bravo would be awesome!

"Usually correct and informed facts" this is an attempt at sarcasm correct? Hope your not kissing butt. Ski-U-Mah TBNL!

The arguments he makes are based on reality, which often gets in the way of people's hopes and dreams. I have no particular attachment to the guy other than enjoying his posts. Again, I like reading informed analysis rather than drivel from fans.

From what I have seen, the quickest way to identify yourself as an average 'Holer who has never played college football (if any football at all), never coached football, never been involved with the recruiting process, and never had any connection to a college athletics department is to think dpo's posts are nonsense.

"Usually correct and informed facts" this is an attempt at sarcasm correct?

No, I'm going to guess he meant "facts"...as in "things which are empirically true that you are ignoring right now". See: dpodoll's list of NFL players that have actually run the time you think Gillum has run. Is it possible Gillum ran an electronically timed 4.4? Sure, anything is possible. Is it remotely likely given the facts (and they are facts) that dpodoll gave you? No.

You being in a pissing match with him doesn't change that. Just b/c his posting style can be over the top doesn't mean he's wrong here. Now, feel free to return to your pissing match.

Just for funsies, let's look at recent RB 40 results at the Combine:

Courtesy: http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

Top: 4.40 Lamar Miller, Miami (1 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
4.53 Edwin Baker, MSU

Top: 4.34 Da'Rel Scott, Maryland (4 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
4.43 Brandon Saine, OSU

Top: 4.35 Jahvid Best, Cal (2 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
N/A

Top: 4.45 Cedric Peerman, UVa (0 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
4.47 Kory Sheets, Pur
4.59 Beanie Wells, OSU
4.60 Javon Ringer, MSU

Top: 4.24 Chris Johnson, ECU (4 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
4.45 Rashard Mendenhall, Ill

Top: 4.40 3-way tie including Adrian Peterson, Okla and Chris Henry, Ari (3 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
4.40 Antonio Pittman, OSU

Top: 4.39 Maurice Drew, UCLA (3 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
N/A

So in summation, over the last 7 combines (2006-2012), there have been a TOTAL, nationwide, of 17 RBs to run a 4.40 or less, or an average of 2.43 RB per year, in the ENTIRE COUNTRY. Keep in mind also that at the time of the combine, these players have likely not touched a football in weeks or even months, and have been focused almost exclusively on building speed and to a lesser extent, strength. There has been 1 TOTAL RB in the ENTIRE Big Ten in the last 7 NFL Combines COMBINED who ran a 4.40 or less, and that was Antonio Pittman, who ran exactly a 4.40 flat, 6 combines ago.

So yes, James Gillum runs a 4.40.:rolleyes:

We are super lucky to get this guy!

I saw Rick Updchurch run and when he acelerated it was explosive, I think he ran a 4.3?. I have seen Gillum run and while he is quick and tough, he did not look explosively fast to me. I would be thrilled with a 4.5+.

Top Bottom