BTN Q&A with Matt Limegrover; says Gillum can handle 22-25 carries/game

Limegrover: "Finding four or five receivers may be the biggest challenge we have."

Lime Grover

iFgpj.jpg

Hopefully Gillum provides us with our first run of 40+ yards since 2008.

I hope he provides us 1000 yards rushing and a dozen TDs. That would be just fine. MarQueis will take care of the 40 yard run.

The Lime Grover is awesome. can you imagine having a back produce the numbers Ball did last year? you pencil in the RB with getting 14pts/game- at the least. You can get pretty creative on Off. when you have that.

I don't know if the Gophers are getting in on the fad of having images on cards to call in plays, but if so, Lime Grover needs to be included.

Unregistered, if I may piggyback on your hilarious idea:

NRFR9.jpg

Mat Lime Grover

GopherInPittsburgh said:
Hopefully Gillum provides us with our first run of 40+ yards since 2008.

40+.... this guy has the speed\moves to break one for 99. We have not had a player like this since Laurence left. Oh, and as for his 4.4 - 40 time he was not "hand timed".

Oh, and as for his 4.4 - 40 time he was not "hand timed".

If it wasn't hand-timed, it was fabricated out of whole cloth, because he doesn't (and didn't) run an electronic 4.4.

dpodoll68 said:
If it wasn't hand-timed, it was fabricated out of whole cloth, because he doesn't (and didn't) run an electronic 4.4.
Oh, that's right forgot - as always you were there.

Oh, that's right forgot - as always you were there.

See, that's the thing. I didn't have to be there. It's common sense. I also didn't have to be there to know that he's not 7 ft. tall and can't long jump 28 ft. Those things are as realistic as him running a 4.4. In fact, he probably can't even run a hand-timed 4.4, as that would translate to a 4.64 electronic, which is very good for ANY Big Ten RB, let alone a lightly-recruited JuCo who hasn't yet played in a Division I game. The most likely explanation is that it's just plain made up, as some people are gullible enough to believe such things.

If you don't like being told that what you're saying is silly, then stop saying silly things. People get mad because I talk about 40 times, but I've never once started the conversation. But if it's something that's silly, outlandish, exaggerated, or just factually incorrect, I'm going to comment on it. If you don't like me commenting on your silly 40 time posts, don't make silly 40 time posts. It's pretty simple.

See, that's the thing. I didn't have to be there. It's common sense. I also didn't have to be there to know that he's not 7 ft. tall and can't long jump 28 ft. Those things are as realistic as him running a 4.4. In fact, he probably can't even run a hand-timed 4.4, as that would translate to a 4.64 electronic, which is very good for ANY Big Ten RB, let alone a lightly-recruited JuCo who hasn't yet played in a Division I game. The most likely explanation is that it's just plain made up, as some people are gullible enough to believe such things.

If you don't like being told that what you're saying is silly, then stop saying silly things. People get mad because I talk about 40 times, but I've never once started the conversation. But if it's something that's silly, outlandish, exaggerated, or just factually incorrect, I'm going to comment on it. If you don't like me commenting on your silly 40 time posts, don't make silly 40 time posts. It's pretty simple.

It's now official.

Gillum DID NOT run a 4.4 electronic 40.

Just for funsies, let's look at recent RB 40 results at the Combine:

Courtesy: http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

Top: 4.40 Lamar Miller, Miami (1 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
4.53 Edwin Baker, MSU

Top: 4.34 Da'Rel Scott, Maryland (4 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
4.43 Brandon Saine, OSU

Top: 4.35 Jahvid Best, Cal (2 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
N/A

Top: 4.45 Cedric Peerman, UVa (0 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
4.47 Kory Sheets, Pur
4.59 Beanie Wells, OSU
4.60 Javon Ringer, MSU

Top: 4.24 Chris Johnson, ECU (4 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
4.45 Rashard Mendenhall, Ill

Top: 4.40 3-way tie including Adrian Peterson, Okla and Chris Henry, Ari (3 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
4.40 Antonio Pittman, OSU

Top: 4.39 Maurice Drew, UCLA (3 total at 4.40 or less)

Big Ten backs:
N/A

So in summation, over the last 7 combines (2006-2012), there have been a TOTAL, nationwide, of 17 RBs to run a 4.40 or less, or an average of 2.43 RB per year, in the ENTIRE COUNTRY. Keep in mind also that at the time of the combine, these players have likely not touched a football in weeks or even months, and have been focused almost exclusively on building speed and to a lesser extent, strength. There has been 1 TOTAL RB in the ENTIRE Big Ten in the last 7 NFL Combines COMBINED who ran a 4.40 or less, and that was Antonio Pittman, who ran exactly a 4.40 flat, 6 combines ago.

So yes, James Gillum runs a 4.40.:rolleyes:

Wow it's easy to get you worked up on 40 times - Gotta love it! Everybody fights with you on here so I say his time stands....4.4....smart guy.

Wow it's easy to get you worked up on 40 times - Gotta love it! Everybody fights with you on here so I say his time stands....4.4....smart guy.

Whatever you say. Be delusional if you want. Don't expect me to not comment on your delusion, however.

Parski vs Dpo pissing contests are probably my favorite.

:clap:

What's his vision like, how quick can he hit a hole, and can he break tackles? 3 attributes that will be much more important for the Gophers than his 40 time...

station19 said:
Parski vs Dpo pissing contests are probably my favorite.

:clap:

I piss on him - because he never has a clue on Gopherhole. That's why everybody fights with DPO - DOLL

Timed at a 4.4 -40 >>>>>>>> Deal with it!

Unbelievably wrong (and delusional/ignorant to common sense) >>>>>>>> Deal with it!

(P.S. People don't argue with me because I "never have a clue". It's because I'm almost always right, and people don't like being told when they're wrong. They often lash out when told/proven to be so. This thread being a perfect case study.)

I piss on him - because he never has a clue on Gopherhole. That's why everybody fights with DPO - DOLL

Unbelievably wrong (and delusional/ignorant to common sense) >>>>>>>> Deal with it!

(P.S. People don't argue with me because I "never have a clue". It's because I'm almost always right, and people don't like being told when they're wrong. They often lash out when told/proven to be so. This thread being a perfect case study.)

Is there a cover charge for this?

Top Bottom