BTN: Power Rankings: Ohio State starts No. 1, ends No. 1 (Minnesota #6)

ESPN: Big Ten Power Rankings: Week 14

5. Minnesota (8-4, 4-4; last week: 5): It doesn't take a doctor at the Mayo Clinic to diagnose what's wrong with Minnesota. The Gophers' defense keeps them in every game, and Saturday's matchup at Michigan State proved to be no exception. But the offense simply can't score or consistently pass the football. Minnesota failed to reach double digits for the third time this season despite multiple opportunities in Spartans territory. It's still a great season for Jerry Kill's team, but there's a lot of work to do on offense before a bowl appearance.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/90421/big-ten-power-rankings-week-14-6

Go Gophers!!

Tend to agree. One quarterback away from being a very good team imo. Still, hard to argue with 8-4 and a nice bowl game (probably anyway!) when all is said and done.

Tend to agree. One quarterback away from being a very good team imo. Still, hard to argue with 8-4 and a nice bowl game (probably anyway!) when all is said and done.

I tend to agree, but it's probably more accurate to say we are a "competent passing attack" away from being a very good team. Super easy to throw QBs under the bus. And, yes, we need improvement from the QB position when it comes to passing. But there were also a lot of bad routes, dropped balls, etc. There were multiple times this year when we had two receivers running to the same space, etc.

That said, I am sure Tom Brady would have made the 2013 Gophers a better team. :)

I tend to agree, but it's probably more accurate to say we are a "competent passing attack" away from being a very good team. Super easy to throw QBs under the bus. And, yes, we need improvement from the QB position when it comes to passing. But there were also a lot of bad routes, dropped balls, etc. There were multiple times this year when we had two receivers running to the same space, etc.

That said, I am sure Tom Brady would have made the 2013 Gophers a better team. :)

Yeah, poor wording on my part since I totally agree with you. Can't help but think that aspect of the offense will get better since everybody on that side of things is still young. Hopefully, they can take a few steps toward that leading up to the bowl game.

Top Bottom