BTN pet peeve

disco

Reaction score
They keep showing this Big Ten Icons series commercial and the next one is on John Cappelletti.

PSU wasn't in the Big Ten when he played, thus, he's not a BIG TEN icon. I don't know why this bothers me, but it does.

You are not alone. I had the same thought. It is just lame that he is on the list.

You are not alone. I had the same thought. It is just lame that he is on the list.

Jack Ham made the list, too. Neither guy played one single down in a Big Ten Conference football game, yet one ranks ahead of Bronko Nagurski and the other ranks one behind him??? That is simply stupid.

How can a guy who never played one down in a Big Ten game be a Big Ten Icon? When they re-do this list in a year or two, where do you suppose Mike Rozier, Tommy Frazier, Eric Crouch, and Jarvis Redwine will rank?

Jack Ham made the list, too. Neither guy played one single down in a Big Ten Conference football game, yet one ranks ahead of Bronko Nagurski and the other ranks one behind him??? That is simply stupid.

How can a guy who never played one down in a Big Ten game be a Big Ten Icon? When they re-do this list in a year or two, where do you suppose Mike Rozier, Tommy Frazier, Eric Crouch, and Jarvis Redwine will rank?

Right behind Jerry Tagge, Johnny Rodgers and I.M. Hipp.

If you have ever watched "the Big 10's Best" you may have had the opportunity to learn that 2 or 3 of "the best running backs of the 1980's" were also from Penn State despite none of them actually playing in the Big Ten. Now that Nebraska is joining I suppose they will be able to purge the only Gopher I have seen on any of these lists (Darrel Thompson at #10). Poor guy will get "outplayed" over 20 years after being able to do anything about it.

They keep showing this Big Ten Icons series commercial and the next one is on John Cappelletti.

PSU wasn't in the Big Ten when he played, thus, he's not a BIG TEN icon. I don't know why this bothers me, but it does.

Good point! Send BTN an email.

Right behind Jerry Tagge, Johnny Rodgers and I.M. Hipp.

Indeed, if there's one thought that comes to mind about the 1972 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Rogers it is that he's a Big Ten Icon. Never mind that he played in the Big 8.

But, you know the BTN will be ramming him down our throats like they have Ham and Cappeletti.

Top Bottom