BTN Football Telecast Team

Reaction score
Is it just me or do you think these guys are just boring. Gerry Di Nardo comes across as a gas bag failed coach.....I just want him to shut up after a few minutes. Dave Revsine is just there with little real information. Howard Griffith at least has some interesting stuff delivered with some spark. The interviews they did on the BTN road tour were generally flat and lacked much real insight. They also need to improve their production values (sound especially) with some new people. New producers who are real pros are needed here. Am I being too critical?

Is it just me or do you think these guys are just boring. Gerry Di Nardo comes across as a gas bag failed coach.....I just want him to shut up after a few minutes. Dave Revsine is just there with little real information. Howard Griffith at least has some interesting stuff delivered with some spark. The interviews they did on the BTN road tour were generally flat and lacked much real insight. They also need to improve their production values (sound especially) with some new people. New producers who are real pros are needed here. Am I being too critical?

I just posted some insight on the Fall Camp..... Analysis....thread when some were asking about comments on the BTN preview.
Here is what I observed and they are somewhat in congruence with your statements above.

1) BTN appears to have newbies in the sound tech department. The wind being picked up by the microphones while people were trying to ask/answer questions, was annoying,

2) You can pretty much take it to the bank that Gerry Di Nardo will ALWAYS mention the phrase "match-up" opponents in some of these B1G previews and, true to form, he mentioned that,

3) Dave Revsine did his usual "bowl movement grunt" when going to the commercial saying "Next.......OOOOON the Biiiiiiiiig 10 Network,

4) In a nice change of pace, I did not hear Howard Griffith utter the word "PARTICULARLY". He is a close runner-up in the use of words ending in "LY". (Champion is Mike Greenberg from Mike and Mike in the morning). I do like and appreciate his passion for technique and the emphasis on little things winning games which he said our coaches were doing, and

5) I did enjoy the "suprise players" picks.

Buck

Geez, people on this board seem to hate everyone in the media.

I love the trio of DiNardo, Griffith and Revsine. DiNardo might be my favorite talking head on any network. Really entertaining, plays off of people really well, yet also uses self-depricating humor. He can come across sometimes like he's a big oaf, but make no mistake - he is an intelligent guy. DiNardo and Mason together are great. Revise is a true pro. Remember, he's the anchor - so he won't provide as much information as the others - but I like his use of humor also, and knows how to push the buttons of the other two to provide an entertaining product.

Remember, the point of the BTN camp shows isn't to provide in-depth analysis on every single player on the Gopher roster. This is a national network broadcast to millions around the country. The target audience are mosty fans of BT teams that tune in to get an overview of the Gopher squad.

If you want the most in-depth coverage of every facet of the Gophers team stick to Gopherhole or go attend some practices yourself. That isn't the point of the BTN shows.

I agree. There seem to be at times more posts on this site complaining about the media versus talking about players, schemes, opponents. I can honestly say that I have never seen another site that talks as much about the media coverage of the team. I like the BTN broadcast crew.

I love the crew, but for this particular piece, I wasn't exactly thrilled. I really don't know what they could have done differently, though.

DiNardo might be my favorite talking head on any network. Really entertaining, plays off of people really well, yet also uses self-depricating humor. He can come across sometimes like he's a big oaf, but make no mistake - he is an intelligent guy.

Totally agree. DiNardo is money. Frankly, surprised ESPN hasn't tried to swipe him away (maybe they have).

Mason is miles ahead of Dinardo. Glen has quit his job with an investment firm and will be working full time on the BTN. As far as the segment on the Gophers I thought it was OK. I did agree with Dinardo when he said the Gophers were way ahead of where they were during Spring practice.

I don't have a problem with the BTN talent. The wind noise in the microphones did remind me of the "sports show" my friends and I put together in jr. high though.

"sports show" my friends and I put together in jr. high though

Nerd alert!

(My cousins and I used to do fake Twins broadcasts, and hold an oscillating fan up to the radio to simulate crowd noise. We were in elementary, though - not jr. high.;))

The wind noise was a nuisance (also happened during Nebraska's preview), but I like the BTN football crew. Think they do a solid job.

Top Bottom