BTN.com's 2014 All-Big Ten Football Team & superlative winners

Wow, when's the last time they've had 5 first teamers? Brick by brick!

It appears this is nothing official, just something a few of the BTN guys put together. Still pretty good though.

Cobb is a sure fire second teamer and I would have thought Epping would have had a better chance at first team than Tommy O. He will get second team. Anybody else that could get second team or at least an honorable mention? Campion or Murray perhaps? Maybe Botticelli?

It appears that we are the team with the most selections. Way to go Gophers. Brick by Brick.

Minnesota's 5 all conf selections led all teams. Wiscy 4, OSU 3, MSU 3, Maryland 3, PSU 2, nobody else more than 1.

Cobb is a sure fire second teamer and I would have thought Epping would have had a better chance at first team than Tommy O. He will get second team. Anybody else that could get second team or at least an honorable mention? Campion or Murray perhaps? Maybe Botticelli?

Eric Murray was bad the last few games. Not sure if he'll get anything.

I don't agree, he was making a lot of tackles the last few weeks. He was the surest tackler in the secondary.

He was impressive in run support, but his coverage play left something to be desired.

He was impressive in run support, but his coverage play left something to be desired.

Why is that? how many balls were caught on him the last 2 weeks? He had a bad pass interference agianst Wisconsin but fortunately that drive ended with a punt. I know Kenny Bell beat him for a big play vs Nebraska but than was caught and slammed to the ground like a rag doll eliminating Nebraskas top wr threat for the game.. i know in that 2 game span you speak of hes had 15 tackles 2 pass break up and a fumble recovery. MLB Mr. Wilson had 15 in that same span against 2 running teams.

Why is that? how many balls were caught on him the last 2 weeks? He had a bad pass interference agianst Wisconsin but fortunately that drive ended with a punt. I know Kenny Bell beat him for a big play vs Nebraska but than was caught and slammed to the ground like a rag doll eliminating Nebraskas top wr threat for the game.. i know in that 2 game span you speak of hes had 15 tackles 2 pass break up and a fumble recovery. MLB Mr. Wilson had 15 in that same span against 2 running teams.
P.S when i say bad PI call not reffering to the refs but a bad play by Murray.

I just feel like quite of few passes were completed on him. More so than the first half. Maybe "bad" is not the correct way to describe his performance, but there seemed to me to be a drop off from the first half of the yr.

I just feel like quite of few passes were completed on him. More so than the first half. Maybe "bad" is not the correct way to describe his performance, but there seemed to me to be a drop off from the first half of the yr.

Get where you were going with your comment, but don't necessarily agree. Important to remember that Murray is often covering every team's top receiver threat. So of course that fact is going to skew his stats a bit. And it would make sense you felt there may have been a bit of a drop off from the first half of the year considering we played Iowa, Ohio State, Nebraska and Wisconsin all in the 2nd half of the year and all of whom have better receiving threats overall in my opinion than Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan, Illinois. I would suggest this would often be the case for just about any DB/CB dealing with that reality.

Top Bottom