BT panel ranks TCF Bank Stadium 8th best in BT; Eddie George places us 12th

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon's:

Ranking anything in sports is subjective. We may all agree on certain things — like Michael Jordan is better than Kobe Bryant or that Lambeau Field is better than the Edward Jones Dome — but for the most part, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Ranking college football stadiums is not only subjective but also extremely intricate. General atmosphere, fan support, home-field advantage, amenities, tailgating, the surrounding campus and the college town should all be considered when trying to rank college football stadiums.

Basically, there is no right or wrong answer. Athlon Sports polled Big Ten experts and asked them to rank their favorite Big Ten stadiums based on all of the above factors.

8. TCF Bank Stadium, Minnesota

Opened: 2009 Capacity: 50,805

The newest building in the Big Ten is home to the Golden Gophers of Minnesota. The on-campus, outdoor facility opened in 2009 and cost roughly $300 million to build. Seating capacity can be expanded to 80,000, which is one of the reasons why the Gophers' home also will host the Vikings the next two seasons while a new downtown stadium is under construction. The west end zone is open air, holds a massive HD video board and provides a scenic view of downtown Minneapolis. “The Bank” or “Gopher Hole” has dramatically improved the game day atmosphere for home games and provides Minnesota an on-campus home of its own for decades to come. The amenities are also among the league’s best considering it’s the newest building in the conference.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-ten-stadiums-2014-experts-poll

Go Gophers!!

Eddie George ranked Northwestern ahead of us. That tells me all I need to know about Eddie George. He probably likes Northwestern better because it was easier to fit more Buckeye fans in due to there abysmal attendance historically.

"Seating capacity can be expanded to 80,000, which is one of the reasons why the Gophers' home also will host the Vikings the next two seasons while adowntown stadium is under construction."

Really.

Eddie George ranked Northwestern ahead of us. That tells me all I need to know about Eddie George. He probably likes Northwestern better because it was easier to fit more Buckeye fans in due to there abysmal attendance historically.

Maybe George thought TCF bought the naming rights to the Metrodome.

Is this about the actual stadium or about the atmosphere? From a stadium perspective, Kinnick, for example, is a dump.

Is this about the actual stadium or about the atmosphere? From a stadium perspective, Kinnick, for example, is a dump.

Even if it leans more towards atmosphere, no way should George have ranked Northwestern ahead of us.

Ross Ade = biggest s---hole in the conference

:clap:

Been to Iowa and Michigan State. Both dumps compared to The Bank.

We have the nicest stadium in the conference. And it's not even close.

I realize that's probably not what they were judging.

Do people realize how freaking fantastic TCF is??

We have the nicest stadium in the conference. And it's not even close.

I realize that's probably not what they were judging.

Do people realize how freaking fantastic TCF is??

FREE CHECKING ACCOUNTS!

Eddie George majored in basket weaving at Ohio State. He's an embarrassment to the black population as far as being a spokes person on any type of venue. A lot of " dem " and " dat" when he speaks. Here's a thought Eddie. Learn the " Kings " language and quit talking like you had a bit part as one of the slaves portrayed in the movie Amistad.

Eddie George majored in basket weaving at Ohio State. He's an embarrassment to the black population as far as being a spokes person on any type of venue. A lot of " dem " and " dat" when he speaks. Here's a thought Eddie. Learn the " Kings " language and quit talking like you had a bit part as one of the slaves portrayed in the movie Amistad.

That's the problem with things called "Stadium Rankings" they really never rank the stadiums.

If they did TCF would rank near the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the problem with things called "Stadium Rankings" they really never rank the stadiums.

If they did TCF would rank near the top.

So, give your ranking, already. Show your work.

Most folks are arguing that because TCF is shiny and new, it deserves to be ranked higher. But if we were talking about The Barn, most folks would extol its history and quirkiness as positives. Well, which is it?

Here's their (unweighted) criteria:
- General atmosphere
- fan support - home-field advantage
- amenities
- tailgating
- the surrounding campus and the college town

Sounds pretty comprehensive to me. What did they leave out? For which ones does TCF rank in the top 5? Amenities? Is that where you want to hang your hat?

From a pure, I'm-a-college-football-fan-from-outside-the-Big-Ten perspective, where would would you recommend that this person to take in a big game? OSU? **** yeah. Penn State? Sure. Camp Randall? Of course. Nebraska? Absolutely. TCF? Please.

So, give your ranking, already. Show your work.

Most folks are arguing that because TCF is shiny and new, it deserves to be ranked higher. But if we were talking about The Barn, most folks would extol its history and quirkiness as positives. Well, which is it?

Here's their (unweighted) criteria:
- General atmosphere
- fan support - home-field advantage
- amenities
- tailgating
- the surrounding campus and the college town

Sounds pretty comprehensive to me. What did they leave out? For which ones does TCF rank in the top 5? Amenities? Is that where you want to hang your hat?

From a pure, I'm-a-college-football-fan-from-outside-the-Big-Ten perspective, where would would you recommend that this person to take in a big game? OSU? **** yeah. Penn State? Sure. Camp Randall? Of course. Nebraska? Absolutely. TCF? Please.

I could care less what anyone else thinks, says or does. You should make up your mind where YOU want to attend a big game, score a ticket or two. You go to that game in that stadium and then YOU go right ahead and live with your choice. Might as well love your experience because it will be your choice. As long as it is in a Big Ten Stadium between two Big Ten Teams (one that you always have loved to watch), how the hell could you go wrong.

I really enjoy my seats in TCF BANK STADIUM.

I've been to Columbus and saw my Gophers win in their Horse Shoe. Great game, great experience. Great outcome. Great trip. I have been to Ann Arbor and saw my Gophers win in their BIG HOUSE. Great game, great experience. Great outcome. Great trip. I have been to East Lansing and saw my Gophers win in the MSU Stadium. Great game, great experience. Great outcome. Great trip. I have been to iowa city and their Kinnick Stadium. My Gophers won that game! Great game, great experience. Great outcome. Great trip. I have been to Champaign and saw my Gophers win in their MEMORIAL STADIUM. Great game, great trip. Great outcome. I have been to Evanston and saw my Gophers win in their stadium. Great experience, great outcome. Great game. Great trip. I have been to Purdue and saw Drew Breese take my Gophers apart. Still had fun. Not a great outcome. Was glad for the experience. I have been to Madison a number of times and haven't seen my Gophers win. Their fans were not the best. Still, it's always great to see a football game on a Big Ten Campus. I have been to Lincoln. Saw my Gophers lose. GREAT FANS. GREAT game day environment just because the Husker Fans were classy, friendly, act as though they have been there and were really worth the trip just to experience such great football fans. They honored Tom O. that day. Nice...very nice. A great experience and I will return to see my Gophers win there some day!

But, I get to see MORE games in TCF BANK STADIUM and I love holding season tickets there. It's always good to see old friends on Game Day Saturday at the U of M. For me: it is home and I like it the best.

But, my Big Ten Tour will continue. I have to get to Bloomington, Indiana, State College, PA, Rutgers and Maryland. I have been on Maryland's Campus, but, not for a football game. And, when I have completed my Big Ten Tour, I will start all over again. Win, lose, it doesn't matter so very much. It is always great to see the stadiums of the Big Ten AND it is always great for me to be hanging out in my seats in TCF BANK STADIUM.

I LOVE Big Ten Football...live and in person. It keeps me coming back...year after year...decade after decade. Can't go wrong going to a Big Ten Game! So, I could care less what some one else does with some foolish ranking of the Big Ten Stadiums. Where ever my Golden Gophers line up to play a Big Ten Team...now THAT is a great place to see a football game!

End the madness: beat the crap out of the stinking badger...

I could care less what anyone else thinks, says or does. You should make up your mind where YOU want to attend a big game, score a ticket or two. You go to that game in that stadium and then YOU go right ahead and live with your choice. Might as well love your experience because it will be your choice. As long as it is in a Big Ten Stadium between two Big Ten Teams (one that you always have loved to watch), how the hell could you go wrong.

I really enjoy my seats in TCF BANK STADIUM.

I've been to Columbus and saw my Gophers win in their Horse Shoe. Great game, great experience. Great outcome. Great trip. I have been to Ann Arbor and saw my Gophers win in their BIG HOUSE. Great game, great experience. Great outcome. Great trip. I have been to East Lansing and saw my Gophers win in the MSU Stadium. Great game, great experience. Great outcome. Great trip. I have been to iowa city and their Kinnick Stadium. My Gophers won that game! Great game, great experience. Great outcome. Great trip. I have been to Champaign and saw my Gophers win in their MEMORIAL STADIUM. Great game, great trip. Great outcome. I have been to Evanston and saw my Gophers win in their stadium. Great experience, great outcome. Great game. Great trip. I have been to Purdue and saw Drew Breese take my Gophers apart. Still had fun. Not a great outcome. Was glad for the experience. I have been to Madison a number of times and haven't seen my Gophers win. Their fans were not the best. Still, it's always great to see a football game on a Big Ten Campus. I have been to Lincoln. Saw my Gophers lose. GREAT FANS. GREAT game day environment just because the Husker Fans were classy, friendly, act as though they have been there and were really worth the trip just to experience such great football fans. They honored Tom O. that day. Nice...very nice. A great experience and I will return to see my Gophers win there some day!

But, I get to see MORE games in TCF BANK STADIUM and I love holding season tickets there. It's always good to see old friends on Game Day Saturday at the U of M. For me: it is home and I like it the best.

But, my Big Ten Tour will continue. I have to get to Bloomington, Indiana, State College, PA, Rutgers and Maryland. I have been on Maryland's Campus, but, not for a football game. And, when I have completed my Big Ten Tour, I will start all over again. Win, lose, it doesn't matter so very much. It is always great to see the stadiums of the Big Ten AND it is always great for me to be hanging out in my seats in TCF BANK STADIUM.

I LOVE Big Ten Football...live and in person. It keeps me coming back...year after year...decade after decade. Can't go wrong going to a Big Ten Game! So, I could care less what some one else does with some foolish ranking of the Big Ten Stadiums. Where ever my Golden Gophers line up to play a Big Ten Team...now THAT is a great place to see a football game!

End the madness: beat the crap out of the stinking badger...
+infinity

Unfortunately, this post says more about you than Eddie George. BTW I am not an Eddie George fan.

Top Bottom