BT Helmet Rankings: MN suffered a four-spot drop forFleck's decision to slap an oar on the helmet of a team named after an animal that doesn’t swim.

This is so arbitrary (and biased by subjective team prestige) that it makes my head hurt.

The guy later admits the stripe on the top looks like an oar handle.
Well, it is, on some of the helmets

There's no blade, true, but the middle stripe is 100% the handle/shaft of the oar, on those helmets. I would be surprised if people hadn't realized that by now??

Example:
2022-3-minnesota-vs-colorado.png

Well, it is, on some of the helmets

There's no blade, true, but the middle stripe is 100% the handle/shaft of the oar, on those helmets. I would be surprised if people hadn't realized that by now??

Example:
2022-3-minnesota-vs-colorado.png
But losing spots because he says they decided to put oars on the helmets is inaccurate. They used to have the full oars on the helmets. Now it's just the handles.

But losing spots because he says they decided to put oars on the helmets is inaccurate. They used to have the full oars on the helmets. Now it's just the handles.
I was saying nothing of this rando Twitter user's comments, and I agree with you there.

Has anybody verified Gophers can't swim?
I have and they in fact can swim… but can’t hold their breath forever when you keep them under water. Ground squirrel aka 13 striped gopher.

Hmm... helmet rankings, yeah that's high on my "OMG What Now?'' things to worry about list.

Without the blade.....it's nothing but a stripe with a pattern. Don't think that if the full oar hadn't been on the helmet a few years back....anyone would have looked at this and said...."It's clearly an oar".

Guy is just trying to save face after being called out.

These off season “rankings” of helmets, uniforms, stadiums, mascots, etc etc nearly always are based on “what will get me the most clicks and interaction”.

They do it because it always works.

Here is something semi-related:

I think Ohio State and Nebraska earn so many points in these types of rankings from their success. If Ohio State had been a program with the football success of, say, Purdue, the stickers would be seen as so much of a gimmick.

Top Bottom