Brynn Senden commits to Gophers!

Great kid, huge Gopher family. Good pickup for a walk on, I'd imagine she had some scholarship opportunities.

Senden and Braun Score 49 in Opener

Senden hustles, has point guard basketball smart, and a good worker. She plays for MN Stars Basketball (and played for North Tartan).

This video interview of Brynn Senden and Mara Braun of Wayzata is from the 2021-22 season opener against a good Maple Grove team. The two scored 49 points. (Kennedy Klick scored 14 for MG).

Senden earned some accolades here are there, such as a BreakdownUSA Players of the Game honor last June at the Girls Shot Clock Classic. At 5' 6" she's a stretch to play in the Big Ten. With Nia Holloway injured, I was wondering if they would bring in a good walk-on. She's definitely a hardworking, basketball smarts player.

Last edited:

Senden earned some accolades here are there, such as a BreakdownUSA Players of the Game honor last June at the Girls Shot Clock Classic. At 5' 6" she's a stretch to play in the Big Ten. With Nia Holloway injured, I was wondering if they would bring in a good walk-on. She's definitely a hardworking, basketball smarts player.
Except, unless she leaves high school early, Senden won't arrive until next year.

Senden scored 12 points with 5 assists and 4 rebounds in the March playoff win against St Louis Park, from her facilitator point guard position.

Brynn Senden then scored 10 points with 4 steals, 1 block, 3 assists, and 4 rebounds in loss to eventual champion Hopkins.

That looks like performing when it counts.

Both of Senden's parents played sports for University of Minnesota, it appears. She plays for Wayzata and MN Stars Basketball (and played for North Tartan).

(And in response to my previous comment, point guard Jasmine Powell was also 5' 6" and earned Big Ten All-Freshman Team and All Big Ten Second Team.)

Last edited:

She’s a 2023, so she has already seen all the D1 opportunities she’s going to. Most of the girls have already committed for next year, as they are signing in November. Maybe she looked at what was offered, and decided she’d rather take a chance as a walk on instead of going to a low D1 or D2 school.

Both of Senden's parents played sports for University of Minnesota, it appears.
Brynn's dad is Stu Senden who played hockey from 1997-2001 for the Gophers. I think mom was a gymnast.

Top Bottom