Bryant Allen

MBAGuy

Needs something to cheer about
Reaction score
This post is really missing the forest through the trees, but it's really bugging me, so I want to throw it our there:

Why couldn't Bryant Allen outrun the Badger defense and score a TD on his 60 yard completion? He had five yards on the closest guy at one point but four players still caught him. He was looking around, which slowed him down some; but he's our punt returner...I figured he would have had more breakaway speed than that.

It's a moot point, I guess, since Dajon scored later in that drive. I just assumed when Allen had that much separation it was a done deal.

I think he was too concerned about who was behind him. He kept on turning his head which slowed him down. If he just puts his head down, I'm sure he would have outran them - but hard to tell for sure of course.

Because none of our players are as fast as advertised. That's my guess at least.

But Brew has brought in great young talent that will shine in 2011! It was probably just inexperience why Allen couldn't outrun the Badger D. Clearly, the talent is there.

Top Bottom