Bryan Kelly to LSU?

Let’s remember who was in their division of the Big XII: Kansas, K state, Iowa State, & Missouri. Not exactly a gauntlet of programs. Occasionally one of them would pop up and have a good year, but it was basically the weaklings of the Big 8 that they were beating.
And the Big 8 of Nebraska's heyday ain't coming back either (them, OU, one other halfway decent team that rotated between Colorado, Oklahoma State, and Missouri, and five rotten ends-blown-out tomato cans).

And the Big 8 of Nebraska's heyday ain't coming back either (them, OU, one other halfway decent team that rotated between Colorado, Oklahoma State, and Missouri, and five rotten ends-blown-out tomato cans).
K-State did some things under Synder. Granted most of his first run and of course all of the second were in the Big 12. But the last year of the Big 8 (1995) they ended ranked top 10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kansas_State_Wildcats_football_seasons

Awwwwwhhh... Did you coach lead you towards the promise land and then dump you????? Poor Notre Dame, feel terrible for those kids. Nah, jk.

Screw the golden domers who are finally getting a taste of their own medicine.

The thing that always blows me away is you hear about some of the crazy CEO pay, but I think there are many college coaches or professional athletes making a lot more than some CEOs of big companies. It's all out of control.
A lot of college football programs bring in more money than a lot of companies and have more “employees”

Awwwwwhhh... Did you coach lead you towards the promise land and then dump you????? Poor Notre Dame, feel terrible for those kids. Nah, jk.

Screw the golden domers who are finally getting a taste of their own medicine.
While I don't disagree, because it's Notre Dame, I do feel bad for the players.

Yeah. Being 6-0 guaranteed every year was a good way to build a program.

1984 Nebraska football schedule
6-6 Wyoming
4-7 Minnesota
9-3 UCLA
6-5 Syracuse (loss)
10-2 Oklahoma state (whose best win was against independent South Carolina
3-7-1 Missouri
1-10 Colorado
3-7-1 Kansas state
2-7-2 Iowa state
5-6 kansas
9-2-1 Oklahoma (loss)

8-3-1 LSU bowl game

Finish number 3 in the country
4th best win of the year is Kansas

A lot of college football programs bring in more money than a lot of companies and have more “employees”
Well, just one example (I'm sure there are others).
CH Robinson total revenue $16 Billion with 15,000 employees. CEO Pay (total compensation) is basically the same as PJ Fleck. I picked CH Robinson since they're a MN company.

Entire Gopher athletic budget is $123 million. Football estimated at around $35-40 million of that. Guessing Gopher athletics has nowhere close to 15,000 employees.

Well, just one example (I'm sure there are others).
CH Robinson total revenue $16 Billion with 15,000 employees. CEO Pay (total compensation) is basically the same as PJ Fleck. I picked CH Robinson since they're a MN company.

Entire Gopher athletic budget is $123 million. Football estimated at around $35-40 million of that. Guessing Gopher athletics has nowhere close to 15,000 employees.
Does PJ get stock options?

does CH Robinson sell branded memorabilia that doesn’t count towards their budget based on the success of their company?
Does CH Robinson success lead to more applications to attend a multibillion dollar university

Does PJ get stock options?

does CH Robinson sell branded memorabilia that doesn’t count towards their budget based on the success of their company?
Does CH Robinson success lead to more applications to attend a multibillion dollar university
The CH Robinson CEO compensation included stock options (or at least the source I looked at listed it as "total compensation" which should include stock options).

U of M's entire budget is $4.2 billion (about 1/4 of CH Robinson revenue).

Just saying pay is out of control. Ultimately if you want a good football team you have to compete with the salary arms race. It is what it is.

Last edited:

Brian O’Kelly, he is not Irish.

Top Bottom