Bryan Cupito Top 50 QBR on ESPN

FreakyDeke

picked a dumb moniker
Reaction score
I was reading up on how ESPN calculates their new quarterback rating and saw that they have retroactively calculated "All-Time" ratings dating back to 2004. Bryan Cupito's 2005 season ranks #49, which appears to be the 95th percentile (1,042 QB seasons from 2004-present). Kind of interesting.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr/_/type/alltime-season

QBR: Created by Trent Dilfer, for Trent Dilfer.

Cupito turned out to be a perfect quarterback for the system we ran. Couldn't be happier with the career he put together. I sure miss those days.

Abdul Khaliq and Cupito were both very good fits for our system. I believe Adam Weber would have been exceptional if he were to have played in one system for a few years.

Abdul Khaliq and Cupito were both very good fits for our system. I believe Adam Weber would have been exceptional if he were to have played in one system for a few years.

didn't see khaliq play (well remember it i guess) but definitely agree fully with the rest of your post. changing of OC's really hurt weber imo. he could've been really good i think

Cupito was a very good fit & I believe Weber would've thrived in Mason's offense but was plagued with learning new systems & mechanics every year of his college years...

Cupito was a very good quarterback for the Gophers because he would usually hit open receivers when he had time to throw. Weber's problem was that he was an extremely inaccurate passer. Anyone who watched him in practice for any length of time would agree. It had nothing to do with changing coaches and systems. Weber just didn't have it.

Personally, I think Weber's career was far less than it could have been with all the coaching and offensive changes. He was recruited
for Mason's offense, and as good as Khaliq and Cupito were, I think Weber would have been even better. The Gophers would have won 7-8
games a season with Weber, right into TCF Bank, had he been able to run the offense he was recruited for.

Good for Coop. Plus he just had his 4 kid on Thursday. Good kid and a good guy.

Pretty sure he (Cupito) was very lightly recruited when we got him. Out of Ohio, if I recall correctly.

And I remember Kahliq going into his senior year saying he came in expecting to win a couple of national titles by his senior year. Let's just say he was expecting a whole lot more than the rest of us. He ended being a good qb for us as well.

He lives in Madison. Works in sales. Never got NFL look at all.

Top Bottom