Brooks Michel - Anyone know if he is healthy and ready to go for Spring?

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
Seems like his head injury was really kept quiet this fall and there doesn't seem to be too much info out there about him.

Sonny, I think it's a really good sign for him (outside of football) and for his prospects of being able to return to the team that he is back in school this semester. He is going to have quite a bit of time to recover, around 10 months, so we'll see. But so far, everything points to him returning to the team.

Sonny, I think it's a really good sign for him (outside of football) and for his prospects of being able to return to the team that he is back in school this semester. He is going to have quite a bit of time to recover, around 10 months, so we'll see. But so far, everything points to him returning to the team.

Michel must have really suffered a bad one because normal convalescence time (according to Dr. Bennet Omalu) is at least 3 months of zero contact on the first one. Of course, if you have one in your past, the risk of permanent brain damage increases dramatically with each successive one and the no-contact time goes up. That's what we're seeing with Morneau. I think he suffered #3 with that knee to the head and is probably already in brain damage mode as he cannot overcome the symptoms and it is taking far longer than 3 months obviously.

It is truly a blessing for these current players that the NFL guys of the past have made so much hey about their head trauma. Even 5 years ago, Michel would have not missed a single practice and would have been virtually a vegetable by age 55.

I wonder how he got it? I always thought Brew toned down his in-season practices, and since he didn't see any playing time and was healthy to begin season I wonder how it happened?

Again will the staff file for a medical hardship?

Again will the staff file for a medical hardship?

Since he redshirted his first year (without being injured) he cannot get a Med Hardship. If he sat out both years because of injury he could.

Top Bottom